Make my decision

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wake up Jobs!!!, Jun 11, 2002.

What should I do

1. Buy a iBook 700mhz with combo drive , iPod

8 vote(s)
  2. Buy a iMac 800mhz with Superdive , iPod

11 vote(s)
  3. Buy a eMac 700mhz with CDRW, iPod

3 vote(s)
  4. Wait for a revised iMac, iBook , eMac

10 vote(s)
  5. Buy a cheap PC-(If you pick this you should be baned from the site)

4 vote(s)
  1. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

Mar 10, 2002
    Miami, Florida
    Ok hi , I am another student,(highschool not college), who is planing on making a mac purchase. I am on a budget, but I can get a family discount at the apple store. I have narrowed it down to one of the three , iBook 12 in. 700mhz, with combo drive, eMac, or an iMac 800mhz with superdrive. I am wanting portability ,but I also want power.:D with the computer I will be buying a ipod 5gb too. The reason I put the iBook there was because I heard it had the saharah g3 in it. Does anyone know what the performance compareisons with the eMac 700mhz and the ibook 700mhz. Should I wait for an updated iBook, iMac, or eMac? What would you do
  2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Wait for an upgraded iMac. They will be a little bit faster.
  3. kishba macrumors 6502a

Dec 11, 2001
    i agree with macaztec... wait... especially since you're in high school (like me)... you can afford to wait a few months until jobs reveals new reasons to get a powerhouse

i'm considering a new imac or powerbook too and i will hold off any purchases until september (or whenever jaguar is released)
  4. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

I would definantly go for the iMac, but wait until they speed bump it. A superdrive is just to much to resist! Good luck with your purchase!

And with this post I reach 600.....
  5. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    Well done, Macmaniac. :)

Since everyone took everything that I was going to say (well, almost), let me add this. The CRTs almost always hurt my eyes when I work with them for a long time (and I have had my original G3 iMac for three or four years now, still in use). With the LCD hooked up to the Cube, I could stare at it for hours on end, nothing. Besides, I think if you want power, the eMac may seem a bit light. If you want something powerful and cheap, go for the iMac G4.

And there is a lesson to be learned: If you do not wait until after a nearby Expo for a product that most likely will get an update (iMac, PowerMac for this one), you are sçréwiñg yourself. :)

Fear the King.
  6. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 10, 2002
    Miami, Florida
    thanks guys I think I will wait for the expo in July!:D :)
  7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    you might even want to wait till september, there is an occassional release around that time, and who knows, Jaguar might come out by then. That way you don't have to pay for the upgrade (but it might only be $20) who knows.

See what happens at MWNY and then make your decision.

8. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    Hm, I voted for all five, is that within your budget? :p

The Grammar Police instructed me to inform you that it's "AN eMac/iMac/iBook", not "a".

(Your line: Gee thanks. :rolleyes: )
  9. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 10, 2002
    Miami, Florida
    As you can see my english teacher never was very keen on grammar
  10. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2002
    Deep within the heart of madness!
    Hey WakeupJobs! Wakeup!

Get the new iMac when its bumped!
    Clear and easy choice, thats it. Said and done, no problems.
    You want to be able to run QE!

now whats up with your handle?
    Jobs is awake, your moving to macs arent you?
    you'ave seen the ads. he's awake and feeling fine.
  11. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 10, 2002
    Miami, Florida
    It was somthing stupid ! I have used macs all my life but lately it is to make shure the best intrests of the company and consumers get done. My name is that because these intrests were being overlooked, But now with the eMac out , I think apple is going in the right direction
  12. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

Apr 14, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Go for the iMac when it is upgraded...shoudn't be too long now...on another note, can someone compare the iMac and eMac here?
  13. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Jan 3, 2002
    San Destin Florida
    Sorry, everyone, but I disagree. As a college student, you need portability. This system is toing to get him into college. Plus, chicks will dig it. The iBook will do everything that you need it to do, especially since it can easily be overclocked to 800 MHZ. The iBook will be perfect to take to class, it is durable, and powerful. I know. I had one while a student at the University of Alabama.

Get the iBook.