Make Office 365 on Demand work for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by heyholetsgo, Jan 30, 2013.

1. macrumors member

We all know that M$ Office 2013 will take at least a year to be released on Mac. However, there is an "on Demand" version out there that streams the 2013 version over the internet, unfortunately only for PCs with Internet Explorer. Now here is my question. How can I make this work on Mac without a workaround like parallels desktop? It can't be that hard to make your Mac-Browser pretend that it is an Internet Explorer so that one can use Office 2013 on demand, right? Does anybody have an idea how we could make it work on Mac?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/...any-pc-with-office-on-demand-HA102840202.aspx

2. macrumors 65816

nefan65

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but I think the main Office 365 page says it's for both PC and Mac. You shouldn't need to do anything...? I'm not sure if some features are missing/crippled vs. PC, but it looks the same for either one.

If not, try using Chrome or FF?

3. macrumors 601

OP is asking about Office on Demand. From the link in the OP:
    I couldn't find more specific details on system requirements after a quick look.

4. macrumors regular