Make sure you get your kids what they want for christmas!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by advres, Dec 8, 2004.

1. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Make sure to call the police if you child threatens to behead you!! :)

If I was the parent, I'd make sure he wouldn't get anything for Christmas for a long, long time. Just another example of how lazy many kids are these days. And the article didn't even say what the present was! :rolleyes:

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

What is up with kids these days?! :eek: :mad: I'm kinda curious as to what the "correct" present was....

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This is very sad. Where is the father in this situation. Parents, for some reason allow children to have their way all the time. A child needs discipline. I remember that as a child, I was happy to get what I received. Sure I was disappointed sometimes. A child just didn't talk back to a parent. Its the child that would be led to the wood shed in that case. That teenager doesn't appear to be in for a very bright future. If someone doesn't intervene to turn him around, he is looking at a life in prison.

4. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

A few smacks in the face for christmas, thats what he needs!

5. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

What has happened to this generation(I am one of them sadly)? I would never do this to my mom. When I get stuff I thank my mom and dad so much that they say stop saying thank you. Kids are getting spoiled. Parents are getting crazier. A classmate/friend of mine says his mom would rather get him a BB gun(which he has) than a paintball gun. She believes that since paintball guns are designed for shootong people that he would. What? The BB gun isn't designed for shooting at people?

On the sarcastic side, it would be funny if the right gift was a 20 GB iPod and the mom got him a 20 GB Dell Dj.

6. advres thread starter Guest

advres

Ya... I read the article and that's exactly what I was thinking..."what is this mysterious present and what did he end up getting?"

This kid needs a good swift kick in the ass and get sent to juvy for a while.

It reminds me of this story.

God, I can't even think of the mental problems you must have to do something like this. I am 26 and was no saint by any strecth but this stuff is just out there!

7. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

you know kids are not all like this. People shouldn't judge kids because of one crazy kid treatens to kill his mother. Thats just one kid of billions.... and besides those types of kids should be locked up.

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But isn't Christmas a few weeks away?

And even at 13, I remember not knowing what I was getting...something wrong here...

D

9. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

If I get a Hanukkah present I do not like, I thank my parents for it and pretend I like it. Geez.

10. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

That might justify his terrible actions. Heck, I'd do worse if that was my gift.

11. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

This kid deserves to spend Christmas in jail. He'll learn the prison meaning for "stocking stuffer" when he drops the soap in the shower. That's one gift he wont like. :D

12. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    this kid deserves a lump of coal shoved up his stocking

13. neut macrumors 68000

neut

sounds like he's still mad 'cause nobody read to him as a child...

distorted people in a distorted world.

peace?

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

15. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Welcome to my home state Macrumors friends :D. I can tell you what would happen in my family if he did that.

jon

16. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

He probably discovered she hadn't got him an iPod.

17. neut macrumors 68000

neut

hmmm, seems like parents will do anything to not have to raise their children...

does anyone talk with their kids anymore; i mean, really talk to them? if you don't do it when they're young... you'll never get them back.

my 8yo daughter just turned eight... i have no fears of her turning into a teenager. no need for me to go on strike... no reason for her to cut my arms off.

at least i don't think so... :eek:

peace.

18. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

Sounds like he needs a good old fashion trip to the woodsheed. :p

Fetch a switch boy! :eek:

19. Mr_Ed macrumors 6502

I agree. I am happy when I look at my nieces and nephews and see that my brother and sister are raising them in very much the way we were raised, but they are in sharp contrast to a lot of the kids I see today. They seem to be completely out of control. Providing structure and discipline to a child's life is hard work, and too many today just don't want to do it.

20. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

This kid deserves a lump of coal shoved up his ASS.

21. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

He's a stupid brat, that's all. 99% of kids (at least who I know) would NEVER do anything like that. He's embarrased me and all of my friends, because it now seems that some people here think all kids my age are like that! :eek:

22. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

By no means do I believe it is ok for a 13 year old kid to threaten his mother, but hitting a child only teaches him/her that violence is an acceptable form of communication.

23. Mr_Ed macrumors 6502

I hear you, but I'm willing to bet many (if not most) of us here who are older than say, 25-30, had parents who did not rule out corporal punishment entirely while we were raised, yet we do not resort to violence as a form of communication. While it would be incorrect to say that every child needs to be spanked now and then, it would be just as incorrect to say that no child requires it as an option. Of course, in this particular case (a 13 year old threatening violence because he did not get his way) it's probably too late anyway. I'm afraid he's probably headed for some protracted evaluations by mental health workers . . .