Make the screen smooth again?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Amad3U5, Dec 19, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I've had my iPod Touch 5 for about two weeks now. When I first got it, the screen was very smooth to the touch, and very finger print resistant. But now the screen's surface is very friction-ny (is that even a word?), and finger prints show up really easily :mad:. How can change this?

2. macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Get a matte screen protect or wax the screen.

3. macrumors 6502a

do you have on a screen protector?

If so, remove it. If not, buy a microfiber cloth to clean it once in awhile. I dont know about the new touch screen coating but my Ipad 2 screen is naked and fingerprint is removed very easy. Maybe due to the oleophobic coating.

4. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

Touch screens usually respond best to completely dry and moisture-less hands. I don't think it has anything to do with the length of time that you've owned the device.

5. macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Definitely don't wax the screen. That will take the oleophobic coating off and then spread it unevenly across the screen.

6. macrumors member

Christoffee

New screens always feel so good. I just took my 4S in for replacement (broken home button) and the new screen felt awesome.

I think you have to be careful cleaning the screen because of the coating. Maybe a bit of window cleaner?? Maybe that's a little harsh. I think Apple recommend a dry cloth. Google the care instructions, but I doubt you'll be that new screen feel back.