Makin Disk Image DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Espnetboy3, May 21, 2005.

1. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

Ok the cuzin sent me a cd of his home movie he wants to one day put into a festival down in baltimore. The thing is I can view it in my dvd player on my computer but is there a way i can play it in a regular dvd player so my parents can view it on a bigger screen. The file is a .iso then i double click it and it makes it into a ejectable disk, and in there are the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. I use toast titanium. Any help would be great, Thanks.

2. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

i'm not sure about this, considering i rarely make disk images, but if you have toast titanium i think all you have to do is copy (drag) the video TS, and Audio TS folders into the video section in toast. make sure it looks like the picture below:Video Tab>Advanced (options)>DVD Video from Video_TS.

I could be wrong, but might be worth a shot.

Attached Files:

3. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I will try this method, but my other option is I know when duplicating a dvd to make a backup one would think you do the same thing but u actually go to the DATA tab and click on dvd_rom(UDF) which works but doesnt make sense. Anyone else know how to do this with a disk image. Again the iso becomes a mounted image that plays in the apple dvd player.

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Drag the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders onto your desktop, let them copy down to physical files, then chuck them into toast using the "DVD-video from VIDEO_TS" option under the Video tab.

You may well be able to use the files directly from the mounted ISO, but I've never tried that.

5. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

WinterMute, very much apreciated help man , i will try this tonight. Thanks guys.

6. numediaman macrumors 6502a

First off, I assume you have a DVD burner and Toast -- therefore, all you have to do is open Toast, insert a blank DVD and go up to Utilities (in Toast) and click mount disk image. This will bring in your ISO file for you to burn.

7. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Im goin to try this right now. I just figured it would be the same as burning a regular dvd. By goin to data and hitting dvdrom_UDF. Then putting in the same name as the dvd mounts on the desktop. This is the way to rip(backup) a commercial dvd.