Makin F@H Run All the time

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by applemacdude, Sep 21, 2004.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

How can i have folding run alll the time without having the program shown in the task bar? i have my own private workstation at skool that uses multiple users...

Thanks

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I'm assuming you're using Windows instead of OS X since you said task bar and not dock... sooooooo...

There should be some Windows Service installers out there... I use the one located here:

http://teammacosx.homeunix.com/software.html

Of course change the team number and such during the install... works very well.

This will launch F@H once the computer gets to the login screen... so it will run when other users are logged in also... just so you know.

To uninstall just run the service installer again.

3. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Wasn't there something that would make F@H run when nobody was logged in? It was discussed here about half a year ago. Ain't much for a tech, especially when it comes to windoos, but I do remember that it was once discussed here before. And I'll need it also in the near future, so I can stay ahead of Panda! :p

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

This makes it run once you get to the login screen... so even if nobody is logged in it'll still run. I just wanted applemacdude to know it ran at the login screen and not only when he was logged in.

I still got a ways to go to catch up to you... :) Maybe once my iMac G5 gets here... which will be ordered during Rev B. :p

5. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

the catch is you have to have admin privs

if only i had admin privs id have like 250GHz easy