making a click track for recording

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ero87, May 22, 2006.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hey all, kindof a tough question:

My a capella group is recording some tracks at a studio tomorrow, and we need to make mp3s of a "click track," that is our song with the metronome playing. We use Sibelius to view/hear the music.

However, whenever I export the file, the "click" option isn't present in the midi! That is, the song will play (in quicktime) but there's no metronome!

Does anyone have any ideas of how to make a click track? I tried importing into garageband, turning on the metronome, and recording it back into the iMac, but the quality was really lame.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

problem kindof solved: at the studio, we're just going sync up the track to a simple metronome track. Sorry for the useless post.

3. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Well if you need to do it in the future, you can use Sibelius. Save the Silbelius file you are working on, then get rid of all of the notes/pitches so that you still have the same metric structure/length. Then add quarter notes (or whatever division you like) throughout the composition. Change that files MIDI to correspond to GM percussion or the like and BAM you have a click track.

Make sense? Good luck at the studio btw.

4. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87