Making a compilation of Movie Scenes

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Staffroomer, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Staffroomer macrumors member

I'm making a compilation of movie scenes for educational purposes. Basically I pick a theme, e.g., war. Now I get a bunch of movie scenes and rip them off DVD and bung them on a compilation disc.

What is the most effective method. At the moment I'm ripping them using Mac the Ripper then throwing them in iMovie. It's taking forever to import the VOB file into iMovie.

What would you do? :confused:

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Handbrake to iMovie... easier...

3. Staffroomer thread starter macrumors member

Handbrake? Is that an application?

Using iMovie seems to have lost the sound.. The old demuxing/muxing problem I seem to recall from previous misadventures with digital video...

still looking for a time saving method.. :confused:

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Using Search and typing in "dvd to imovie" produced 428 pages of threads in MR which address this topic. I'm sure you'd find helpful suggestions, there.

5. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Handbrake is an app that will Rip your DVD to an Mpeg or h.264 .mov file. Use it to rip your DVD. From there import it to iMovie. Should be quicker than importing the .vob.. i didnt even know you could do that...

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

If you rip to H.264, you could use QuickTime (Pro?) to cut and paste pieces together and then export the final movie file pretty easily.

7. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Seeing as this is technically illegal, you won't easily be able to do it, but I agree, Handbrake is the best solution.

Get it here:
    http://handbrake.m0k.org/