Making a Discision on Battlefront II

Discussion in 'Games' started by lordmac, Nov 13, 2005.

1. lordmac macrumors regular

OK so I have starwars battlefront I for the ps2 and I enjoyed the game a lot and am very excited for Battlefront II and want to buy it. But I can't deside which system to get it for: Computer, PS2 or PSP, anyone have any experience with the game on these systems. I'm most curious as to how the PSP version compares to the PS2 version. Thanks and advanced. :) :D

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i have it for ps2 and it's amazing. haven't played psp or computer versions so i don't know how they compare. 1-flag ctf on death star=teh shiz.

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'd say Computer. I have Battlefront I. I love to make little modifications to it, let me play Jedi, or give Ewoks Lightsabers, etc, or download fan-created maps off swbffiles.com, etc. And the mouse is far superior to the joystick.

I wouldn't get it on PSP, because there's no second analog stick.

4. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

Do you have it on mac or PC? I was thinking about spending the extra $30 on the aspyr mac port so I would have a game for my ibook; but if the port is subpar I could just get it for my PC.

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

PC, only because I don't have a Mac desktop yet and I prefer to play my games on a desktop with a 19-inch monitor than a 12-inch PowerBook.

6. jackshiels macrumors newbie

Battlefront II

Battleffront II is in no way as good as #1. I have played it on PSP and it is rather good, though there are only 13 maps: Dagobah, Kashyyyk:docks, Mustafar, Hoth, Endor, Space Kashyyyk, Space Yavin, Yavin 4, Mos eisley, polis Massa, Mygeeto, Naboo:theed and Tantive IV. The textures are very low quality while the model detail is very high. the control system is very intuitive considering there is only 1 stick. it took about 10 mins to learn.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis