Making a DVD longer than 4 hours

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by upinflames900, Jul 18, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

I am looking for ideas and ways of creating a DVD from some video that is longer than 4 hours. So far I know toast, but I would like to be able to create menu's like in idvd. Any advice is much appreciated.

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Somebody please comment...do you use Toast? Another program to burning DVDs? Any advice even remotely close it appreciated.

3. macrumors 65832

wywern209

i know that you can make the menus in Idvd and burn them to a disk, all in idvd. you can import the footage from either imovie or final cut. does that naswer your question?

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Well...no because idvd limits you on how long you can make the movie and if it is too long it just wont render. I was hoping to create a video ts folder and then compress it with Toast, but it won't render unless the video is under 3.5 hours I believe. Thanks for the reply though.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Does anyone have any ideas because I am going to have to break it up into multiple DVDs which is not at all what I want. Please help!

6. macrumors 65832

wywern209

i don't think it is possible. ur gonna have to do 2 of them.

7. macrumors regular

you are post in the digital audio forum. Post in the digital video forum. Could get more answers there.

deej

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Yea for some reason an administrator must have moved my thread there idk why...