Making a Graph

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by oldschool, Oct 18, 2004.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

How can I go about making a graph? I have a set of data that needs to be plotted.

I have some X-values, and some Y values, and they need to get into a line graph format.

Sure i could do this by hand, but I want my report to look professional. So far I have had no luck with excel....i feel really stupid right now.

can someone give me a hand?

2. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

How about Word? There's a chart feature built-in that I have used before. I believe it is under Insert | Picture | Chart.

3. thecow macrumors 6502

just put the values into an excel spreadsheet and use the chart wizard to make the graph.

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

In Excel, setup you x-values in the first colum, and the y-values in the second colum (see picture). Select only the numbers, like in the picture (you don't need the labels at the top). Then go to the chart wizard (see second picture) and select "XY-Scatter". You can then choose whether you want your data points show up on the graph, ect. Keep hitting "Next" and you can assign labels, ect.

Attached Files:

5. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

wow. thank you very much MoparShaha. You made an actual tutorial with graphics and everything.

Thanks.