Making a QTVR

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by monke, Dec 27, 2005.

1. macrumors 65816

monke

How do I make a QTVR? Like the product examples at apple.com for the iPod and iPod Nano.

So far I have merged the pictures in Photoshop and that's it.

Can you use imageready to rotate? Or what program would I use?

2. macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I use CubicConverter to create QTVR from my equirectangular pano's and CubicConnector to create the rotation sprite and hot spots, etc. Both run on OS X. I found this tutorial for creating panoramas with images stitched in Photoshop that you can refer to.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

monke

4. Guest

You can also use the Apple QTVR program. It works well, but it's ancient - it only runs in OS 9!!

5. macrumors 68030

homerjward

hm....i just saw this thread and thought it'd be cool to do with this scene i made in lightwave...any way to go about this? would i need to render a bunch of images and stitch them together? any software i would need?

6. macrumors 68020

freeny

Some 3D applications like FormZ have a QTVR export built in the app. Just place your camera, make a few settings and it spits out a completed QTVR.

You can also do a fly around animation in any 3-D app and bring it into Director where you can create the controlls for a QTVR.
    Unfortunately Director requires a bit of code knowledge to get the most out of it.

7. macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I found this program (Apple QTVR Authoring Studio 1.0), last week in my local Apple reseller.. I asked and he said he'd give it to me for $5.

I smiled and payed the man.

Haven't used it much yet... if you'd like to post your images you took, I'd be interested to see them and see what this program can do!