Making an application automatically start

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stoavio, Jun 13, 2006.

1. stoavio macrumors member

stoavio

How do you make an application automatically load upon logon? I would like ByteController (the iTunes controller that loads in the menu bar) to automatically start when I login.

2. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

System Preferences/Users/Your user name/login items

3. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

It can be a little difficult getting some menubar items to load in the order you want. I wrote a script that loads the the menubar items I use in the order I want.

• *Eniregnat's boot script
      tell application "Finder"
      activate
      open application file "MoofMenu.app" of folder "Applications" of startup disk
      open application file "Check Off.app" of folder "menubar" of folder "Applications" of startup disk
      open application file "BackLight 2.app" of folder "menubar" of folder "Applications" of startup disk
      open application file "Calq.app" of folder "menubar" of folder "Applications" of startup disk
      open application file "MainMenu.app" of folder "menubar" of folder "Applications" of startup disk
      open application file "coconutWiFi.app" of folder "menubar" of folder "Applications" of startup disk
      open application file "iClip.app" of folder "Applications" of startup disk

end tell

The script still has to be saved as an application, but this allows you to easly change the order, if you use a lot of menubar items. I have a 12" screen, so the order of my menubar items is important, and loading them in a particular order in OSX is difficut, as there is no easy to reorder start up items. This is really over kill, but it's fun.

4. stoavio thread starter macrumors member

stoavio

Thanks a lot! Also thank you igucl.

5. jlanuez macrumors 6502

Thanks! Just what I was looking for!

I can always count on MacRumors for needed info :D