Making Front Row Recognise TV Shows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FleurDuMal, Jul 14, 2006.

1. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Hey guys.

I'm right in the middle of ripping all my DVD's onto my Macbook for use with Front Row. However, I want to make Front Row recognise my TV Shows that I've ripped from DVD as TV Show so I can click on TV Shows in Front Row and it will list them.

How would I go about doing this?

2. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

All the videos i have labeled in itunes as TV Shows are put into that category, maybe you should put the videos in itunes, if its possible.

3. FleurDuMal thread starter macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Well, I've just added some of my TV Shows to iTunes, labelled them as TV Shows. However, now when I go into the TV Shows section in iTunes a blank button shows up, and when I click on that it says "A Problem has occured"!

My videos are ripped into AVC in an .mp4 container, if that helps. Also, I moved the files into a subfolder of the main iTunes Music folder

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

5. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

6. FleurDuMal thread starter macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Excuse me?

Anyway, is there anyway of adding an extra step in the Front Row menu for TV Shows? So American Dad > Season One > EpisodeOne.m4v instead of American Dad > EpisodeOne.m4v ?

Thanks.

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Yes there is. Use Lostify to add the Seasons. BTW Lostify is just a GUI wrapper for AtomicParsley so... :) But I know you already knew that... silly virus1... :p