Making iTunes 11's Search be Like iTunes 10?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by iPowers, Feb 23, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

So when I tried upgrading to iTunes 11, I didn't like it at all. I did notice tutorials to make it look and feel like iTunes 10, but the thing that really bugged me about the layout was the search.

In iTunes 10, when you typed something, the list of songs would narrow down to what you were searching for, but in iTunes 11, the search would show as a dropdown on the side.

Is there any way you can adjust this so the search function works like iTunes 10? If there's extreme measures to do so, i'm willing to try them out if it comes down to it.

2. macrumors 68030

tkermit

You need to uncheck the option to "Search Entire Library" (or press the Enter key at the end of your search query).

Attached Files:

• c.png
      c.png
      File size:
      38.2 KB
      Views:
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

And by doing that, the list of songs will just narrow itself down like the original itunes did?

4. macrumors 68020

Thank heaps! This was my only gripe with iTunes 11, and all it took was pressing Enter!

5. macrumors 65816

adnbek

Try it and find out. :D

6. macrumors G5

gnasher729

That was _your only gripe_? I have so far sent about nine bug reports to Apple, for what I consider inexcusable bug in iTunes 11.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

If you don't mind me asking. What were the bugs?