making itunes stat/graph, need help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by howard, Jun 8, 2005.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

I want to make a graph or two using the stats in my itunes playlist.

the first one I want to be of all my date added..by month or something, so i can see a graph of the songs I add each month... then i can average them to see how many songs I should have by 2006 or something.

the next is the same sort of thing but playcounts per day or week...

any idea how to do this?

edit: i just realized it probably wouldn't work with playcounts cause it only records the last time played.

2. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

If you sign up to audioscrobbler/last.fm, you get a database of everything you've listened to on iTunes and can get the program to retrieve the data from your iPod too, (but you need to do this before syncing and it will only record the last time that track played and not the number of times). That will give you a list of what you have listened to in total, (top 50 artists, top 50 tracks), and the top 10 from the previous week. That covers one of them, as for the other. Me no know. :confused:

3. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

correct me if i'm wrong, but audioscrobbler can't get all the old information.... in other words you start off with 0 playcounts when you first sign up

4. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Yes, it isn't without its problems, but it is one way and is fairly simple. I'd try and get some script written for doing these tasks, but I wouldn't know where to start on such matters.