Making Links that open in New Windows open New Tabs instead (Safari 2.0)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by finalcoolman, Apr 16, 2006.

1. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

Hi, you know on web pages there are some links when you click on them go to open a new window. Is there any way to change the default behavior to open in a new tab instead without having to right click and select Open In New Tab? I don't really see the point of having tabs when you click links and get new windows instead. Thanks,

2. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

Just use the latest Firefox. It has this option in the preferences. I couldn't find a way to do this in Safari.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Just so you know, command-clicking opens links in new tabs, so you can speed it up somewhat. Shift-command-clicking opens up in a new tab, and takes you directly to it.

There's no way to set default for this behavior, I don't think. Apart from having applications open links in new tabs rather than windows. This can be set in Safari Preferences.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmmm, I don't know of a way to do this in Safari, but you can also Apple-click to open a link in a new tab. (edit: sorry, beaten)