Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a Dave Matthews concert on DVD (this is legal to make copies, he allows people to tape his shows) and I want to put it into .mpg or .avi or possibly even .wma so I can share these files on the internet.

How do I do it? (Shareware/freeware preferred)

Whats the best compression method? It doesn't have to be great quality, so the lowest Mb per second would be best!

What format should I use to share with PC users also?

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
Handbrake, google it. And its best if you use and MP3 encoder for the sound. So I believe the setting to use in Handbrake would be ffmpeg with MP3.

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
varmit said:
Handbrake, google it. And its best if you use and MP3 encoder for the sound. So I believe the setting to use in Handbrake would be ffmpeg with MP3.

Thanks for the quick reply... I tried out the program and it's really easy to use.

So what do I choose for Output Format? Should I choose "MP4 File / MPEG-4 Video / AAC Audio" or "AVI File / MPEG-4 Video / MP3 Audio"?

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
johnbro23 said:
Thanks for the quick reply... I tried out the program and it's really easy to use.

So what do I choose for Output Format? Should I choose "MP4 File / MPEG-4 Video / AAC Audio" or "AVI File / MPEG-4 Video / MP3 Audio"?
you most likely want to do MP3 output.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.