Making multiple DVDs of same iDVD project

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gauchogolfer, Dec 16, 2006.

1. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Hi all,
    I'm giving out some DVDs from my year abroad as Christmas gifts, and I've just finished the project (it runs about 55 minutes total). On my poor powerbook the encoding looks like it'll take forever, so what's the best way to make 5 identical copies of this?

I see an option to "Make Disk Image" which is what I intend to do. This will avoid having to re-render and re-encode each time, right? I assume that once I have this .img file I can use Toast to burn several copies which will play on a home-theatre DVD player.

Am I doing the right thing here, or should I do something else? Each mistake looks like it'll cost several hours, so I'm trying to get it right from the start.

Thanks for your suggestions.

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Have you made the DVD yet? If not then when you go to make it at the end of the burn it will kick out the disk and ask for another if you would like it make more copies. This way it does not re-render. Also I thought it keeps everything that it has already rendered if it does not change. So you should be able to click burn and it will go for it if you have done it once already.

3. gauchogolfer thread starter macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Thanks for the reply. No, I've not made the DVD yet, I decided to try making a disk image first, rather than burning. I thought this might be a more sure way of making multiple copies.