Making OmniOutliner Pro's screen larger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aniej, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I use OmniOutliner pro and really like it for just about all of its features, but one. Specifically, I cannot get the document I am working on to have a visible area that expands further down than the last live I am writing. This is somewhat difficult to describe so I think the best analogy is to microsoft word where you have the ability to to drag the bar on the right hand side down lower and there is visible white space below even though you have not written all the way to the bottom of the page. Essentially Omni works great but as I fill up the page and it gets to the bottom I am left staring at the bottom of my screen rather than at the middle or top, which really sucks. If anyone knows how to fix this your input would be much appreciated.

2. RacerX macrumors 65832

It sounds like what you want is for the page/canvas to sit on a scratch/desktop like documents in Illustrator/PageMaker/QuarkXPress/etc do... or even TextEdit in Wrap to Page mode.

OmniOutliner doesn't use the "paper" metaphor, so your window is your document.

What I do to get around this in most text based apps that work like this is add a bunch of carriage returns at the bottom of a document so I always have some additional space at the bottom.

I would also point out that the Omni Group is not your average software company... if you tell them what you would like to see, they will listen and see if it would make for a good addition to their software.

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

4. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Hey guys whats is OmniOutliner?

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

OmniOutliner is a tool to organise your thoughts, tasks etc. It is provided free by Apple on Pro Macs

OmniOutliner

6. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

No MBP though freeness?

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

That's a Pro Mac, so yes it should be included for FREE. It even says so on the Tech Specs page under Software. Shame it's not an Outliner Pro license, but still...

8. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Oh Oh Oh I c what you are saying. I thought when you were saying Pro Mac you acctually meant to say Mac Pro, but I get it now. Duh Me.

Alright thanks

9. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Hmmm. When I do this though it places the text I enter below the returns.
    So for example

it looks something like this.:confused:

10. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RacerX
    What I do to get around this in most text based apps that work like this is add a bunch of carriage returns at the bottom of a document so I always have some additional space at the bottom.

Hmmm. When I do this though it places the text I enter below the returns.
    So for example

it looks something like this.