Making the switch, need alot of questions answered.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dc0511, Nov 3, 2006.

1. dc0511 macrumors member

I am not tight on money as of right now, but I can wait to buy my Macbook Pro. I'm getting the 2.16 GHz 15.4" upgraded to 2Gb RAM.

I am a moderator on other forums and I have almost abused the search function here. Unfortunately a lot of the threads are outdated, and don't apply to the new C2D MBPs.

1. Should I wait for Leopard? How long are people speculating on this? What are the pluses?

2. Tomato Torrent seems to be my top choice for a torrent client, is LimeWire Pro the best P2P program, or can someone point me towards something else?

3. Is cracking programs and obtaining serials and such as easy on OSX as on XP?

4. What XP booting program is the best? I've noticed people are either pro Bootcamp or pro Parallels. Can I get some insight on that?

5. VLC Media Player seems to be what I'm leaning towards for playing videos, this should cover all of my codecs I believe as well.

6. What program should I use to rip streaming audio?

7. What seem to be the best IRC and FTP clients?

As for now that's all I can think of. I've decided on going with the glossy screen after vigorous searching.

2. nitynate macrumors 6502a

1. Should I wait for Leopard? How long are people speculating on this? What are the pluses? Get the system when you need it, dont worry about lepord, tiger is amazing

2. Tomato Torrent seems to be my top choice for a torrent client, is LimeWire Pro the best P2P program, or can someone point me towards something else? Limewire is great, however it is not universal

Dont steal stuff

4. What XP booting program is the best? I've noticed people are either pro Bootcamp or pro Parallels. Can I get some insight on that? depends, do you want to play games? bootcamp. just write a letter or use windows casually? parallels

5. VLC Media Player seems to be what I'm leaning towards for playing videos, this should cover all of my codecs I believe as well.
    you mean all your stolen movies? yes.

Dont steal music.

7. What seem to be the best IRC and FTP clients?
    i like Snak for irc

3. JAT macrumors 603

As you may have noticed, Mac people tend to pay for software.

4. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Dont steal stuff

you mean all your stolen movies? yes.

Dont steal music.

Got to love your answers. I hate it when people do that. :p ;)