Making video show as TV shows in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LastLine, Feb 10, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

Aug 24, 2005
    So I remember doing this in the past but I can't think for the life of me how.

I've got iSquint to convert my AVI's through to the appropriate video format, but I think it just sets them as movies. I remember having another piece of software in the past that made them into "TV Shows" in iTunes, can anyone help a guy out here? Don't necessarily need a link so much as a name.
  2. macrumors regular

Jun 1, 2006
    All I do is open iTunes, select the "movies" heading under "library", then drag my mp4 file from finder onto the window in iTunes. When it's finished copying the file in to iTunes, you get a liitle preview of the movie. Right-click, Get Info. Under the video tab change video from movie to TV Show. Now it appears under TV Shows and is available from Front-Row.
  3. macrumors member

Aug 30, 2006
  4. Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I do the same... the only irritating thing about this process is that fields like the name of the TV show are not auto-complete, which is already in most places in iTunes and shouldn't be hard to implement. Not every field, but at least the show name, which repeats a lot. But otherwise, it just takes a few seconds to make this change after iSquint has dumped the video in iTunes. :)
  5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 24, 2005
    Actually that might just be the one I had in mind....

*googles the link and goes to check*
  6. macrumors newbie

Mar 15, 2007
  7. macrumors 68020

Sep 8, 2003
    I also vote for Lostify. iTunes only 'temporarily' sets the flag in its own database, so if you have to restore your library from a backup, you lose a lot of these flags. This is not the case if you tagged it using Lostify.