All iPads Making your own 30 pin connector cable

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by PetrieD, Dec 29, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Anyone here have any links or anything to instructions on a DIY 30 pin connector cable? I want to remove one of the tips and replace the white cord cover with something else and then reattach the removed end. I have looked everywhere forgot instructions on doing this as well as a parts and where to get them list and have found nothing. A help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. macrumors 603

rgarjr

What exactly u wanna do

3. macrumors newbie

Slide some hollowed out para cord (braided cloth) over the white rubber...or if I can find the right materials at a good price remove the white rubber and out a shielding sleeve over the wires Dan then the braided cloth over that. Did that explanation make sense? Thanks for the reply.

4. macrumors 68030

That seems like a lot of trouble for a $20 cable. I've even purchased the generic ones for .79 at Amazon.

5. macrumors newbie

Yeah I can understand that although it doesn't see all that troublesome to me really. People do it with music cables and such all the time. More of a looks thing really. Just think it would look interesting.

I just haven't seen anyone else who has done any videos or tutorials that helps me. I'm trying to decide if its better to build a cable from scratch, snip the ends off an existing one and then reattach them, or some other method.

6. macrumors 68030