Mall of America Giveaway

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Edot, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Edot macrumors 6502

Jan 29, 2002
    I received an e-mail about the re-opening of the Mall of America and the are giving away panther copies if anyone doesn't already have it.

"For the last five weeks, we’ve been working day and night to make the Apple Store better than ever. And we’re thrilled to show you what we’ve done to the place.

This weekend, November 15-16, be among the first to explore our updated space dedicated to Apple’s full line of computers, the entire iPod Family, the iSight video camera, and a wide selection of digital cameras, camcorders, and other products that work perfectly with your Mac. Plus, you’ll now find an improved Genius Bar equipped with 40-inch LCD display panels, and expanded seating in our state-of-the-art theater.

You’re also in for a special treat. To celebrate our grand re-opening, we’ll be giving away a copy of Mac OS X v10.3 “Panther” every hour on the hour all weekend long — from 10 a.m., Saturday, to 7:00 p.m., Sunday.1

We can’t wait to see you here."
  2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
  3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Re: Mall of America Giveaway

Did I wake up in the wrong math zone today?

Or does 1 copy every hour NOT EQUAL 1 copy to "anyone doesn't already have it"
  4. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

Jun 19, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Alas I'm doing a IP realignment project in our office so I can't go. Too bad since I'm about 10 minutes away from the mall.
  5. Edot thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 29, 2002
    Re: Re: Mall of America Giveaway

I was merely saying that if you already had panther that it would be pretty pointless to go just for a chance for the free copy. This isn't a widely known event so your chances would probably be pretty good. You don't even have to be present to win, just drop off your entry in the morning and take off.
  6. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Jun 23, 2003
    St Augustine, FL
    Too bad I am clear across the country. I've only been there once but never got to see the Apple Store. Panthers and 40" displays. I'd like to see a G5 hooked up to at least 4 of those bad boys and try some Exposé action :D