Mall of America (Minnesota) Tiger release GTG ?

Discussion in 'Community' started by 840quadra, Apr 20, 2005.

1. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Anybody planning on attending the release on the 29th?

Just curious to see if there was interest in a mini Macrumors GTG shortly beforehand, and or during the event. I would like to meet some of the members on here, at this nifty release party.

Just like an other thread on here, I was trying to figure out how to set ourselves apart from the others standing in line.

Some ideas that came to my mind.

1. Blue or Red Keychain lanyards
    2. Some type of hat or shirt pin
    3. Flashlights

I know.. stupid ideas, but I was trying to think of something that everyone could get at the Mall, if they didn't alredy have one. I would love to hear thoughts from others, and see if there is any interest in making this happen?

Anybody going? :confused:

2. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

"A" for effort man!

But I STRONGLY dislike the Mega Mall. I try not to go there. Some of you others should go! I know that there's a guy from Burnsville in the forums.

Besides, I'm getting Tiger in the mail.

And by the way, Uptown is definitely NOT the #1 sleeping destination in the country...

3. 840quadra thread starter Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I thought the same about the mall in the past, but once you know were you are going, you can get in and out quite fast. I believe they have the biggest Apple store in our state. I was thinking about Southdale, but the location is smaller, and it is harder to find for some people.

4. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

I think it'd be fun to go, problem is im at school in wisconsin. I mean I could totally get a ride home, but would it be worth it just for that 30 mins or whatever? Sounds like a cool idea though.

5. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I wish I could make it, but I live in Brainerd and it's too long of a drive.

6. 840quadra thread starter Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

:(

Aw come on it is a rare event :)

I drive from Jordan to Brainerd every friday in the summer to race Motocross, it isn't that bad of a drive :p I can understand though, driving down to be at this event at 6, and if you decide to stay for some fun, you wouldn't be home until well after Midnight.

Sounds like this was a bad idea, oh well :(