Man Accused of Sending Marijuana Via UPS

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by craigdawg, Feb 4, 2005.

1. craigdawg macrumors 6502

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Another very stupid act. This will be a birthday act that he will never forget. My thought is why even sent the marijuana via UPS. Seeking the $87 seem to have been his undoing. :eek:

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I wonder what they meant when they said he was 'acting oddly'. Probably not a good idea when you're mailing illegal ****...

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    and that is why you should use FED EX hehehe

jk

man wat a retard

5. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

And there are those that say pot doesn't make you stupid...

We rest our case.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

How does the Drug enforcement agency even know what you have in the package?

Anyway, if I were to ship weed using UPS, I'd probably put it in an air tight container of some sort. I doubt anybody could ever find it.

7. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Good thing that's an "if" there Abstract :) I've seen drug dogs do their thing and it's quite a sight...I don't know what it takes to cover up the smell, but putting stuff in tupperware sure ain't enough... :eek:

This guy using UPS has to be all sorts of dumb. First he's dumb enough to mail illegal crap, then he want's a refund for not having it delivered. :rolleyes: What ever the guy was on sure didn't make him paranoid! :D

8. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

People get nabbed for smuggling to rural Alaska frequently in Alaska. The police are on to them, like flies to *****. They have found dope in frozen hamburger, frozen fish, planes and everything else imaginable. Although it does get through. Last I heard a 1/2 gram of weezy goes for 50-60 USD in "The Bush". In urban Alaska prices are like this: Anchorage, 1/8 oz for 40.00; Juneau, 1/8 for 60.00.

Ask any police officer in Alaska and they will tell you the number one cause of problems in Alaska is alcohol, and they get < 2% problems from marijuana. The stuff used to be legal about 20 years ago in Alaska.

9. reh macrumors 6502a

You seem to know a lot more about pot than me, but isn't it legal to posses it in Alaska? You just can't buy or sell it.

10. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

No. That was in years past. Last November voters decided not to make it legal for adult consumption. :(

Although you can have in possesion of up to 1oz (?) and if caught, it's only a 100.00 fine. :rolleyes:

11. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

wow thats expensive! In vancouver you can get 1 gram for 15 bucks.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That's why its the marijuana capital of North America.

Hell, Snoop Dogg loves Van-city. ;)

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

A little off thread but how do they regulate the stuff in vancouver if at all??
    Here in America the police state is allways looking for reasons to come at us so they have another excuse to get into our lives,sap money from the tax payer and keep those illegal drug dealers in business.........Keeping this stuff illegal is in the interests of the police state....got to keep those judges,lawyers,cops,and paper pushers all employed you know....I wonder whats next the fat police? GET that TACO OUT of your MOUTH.
    Tell me in the U.S is there really freedom or liberty or is that just B.S.?? I think its B.S because we have freedom and liberty only if you are doing what the police state wants. I feel sorry for the guy being so stupid and i feel sorry for the whole system that hase to waste its time and money on stupid laws past over 50 years ago in able to catch a few mexicans. :rolleyes: That was the real reason they did it but today while the weed remains illegal the border is ignored while millions roam in. Its Time to go back and get rid of the many stupid stupid laws on the books.

14. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I'm not sure whats up with Vancouver. Everyone blazes in public and the police just wave at them. One really popular hangout is the steps of the Vancouver Art Gallery. Police just walk by and smile, sometimes joining in ;) . There are even stores that you can go to and buy over the counter. And I'm not talking about secret stores. I'm talking about stores where what they sell is pot. The signs say "We sell cheap pot". I live in a craaazy city. :rolleyes:

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Still it must be regulated in some fashion, minors, while driving?taxed etc etc....

16. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

1 gram 15$
    1/8 = 3.5 grams 40$

how exactly is that expensive???

17. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

It's expensive because you can get 1gram from like $9 here in Ottawa. :p

18. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Ah, well that would explain why my EX g/f, who lives in Ottawa, was always smoking that crap. :rolleyes:

19. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

In Ontario im buyin/sellin really well grown hydro for $10/gram $30/half quarter $50/quarter and so on...

20. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Is this why shipping on my new PowerBook is taking so damn long?