Man charged with plotting to Kill President

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Feb 22, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

"BREAKING NEWS" 23 yr old man with possible arab descent, being charged in VA this morning for plotting to kill Bush.

Probably heading for poli forum, but more to come...........

edit: Man was a high school Validictorian (sp), said he had been held and tortured in Saudi prison. Arraignment in Alexandria VA this morning.

2. apple2991 macrumors 6502

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

YES, Bush is alive! :rolleyes:

edit: While not the biggest W fan, I would not wish assasination either, but then again alot of his critics are quick to hail methods they purport to abhore in the enlighted intellictual age of politics.

poli forum please, let the bottom dwellers rejoice.

4. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

You got a link Stu?

I am having trouble finding the (probable) causal link(s) here.

Man imprisoned and tortured in France. Plots assassination of Polish President. News at 11...

5. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

No, stand by, was on cnbc this morning, they are the first reporter of almost anything, mostly based on market moves. It will come out quick. I promise?

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

it's cool. I found something. It's a local CBS affiliate though...can you handle it Stu? :D
    I see the connection now. Brilliant strategies mentioned, I might add :rolleyes:

7. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

CNBC has always been the first reporter of breaking news, I have found, so if you hate listening to biz news then you will miss the first bite, usually.

Glad I was on again! Thanks for making me an honest poster!

edit: as long as they aren't popping champaign at the local cbs affiliate! I mean lets face it, EVERY president has people plotting, some go further than others, for everyone caught, I would venture, 100 still drewling in their basements.

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

My first thought when I saw this was that I hadn't seen any posts by Thomas Veil this morning... But the description above doesn't seem to fit him.

Sorry TV, but I couldn't help it. ;)

9. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Reminds me of "you've got mail" and the missing suitor could have been the "rooftop killer". :D

10. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Damn, that's cold...

Besides, TV wouldn't waste his time assassinating Bush, when he could just eviscerate him in posts to an on-line forum, full or snarky liberal wit and patriotic pathos...

11. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

We miss you...

At least I do.

To get back on topic<ahem>, I just noticed that the original indictment is 2-3 years old. Does that mean he left to study in Saudi Arabia unaware of the indictment? To avoid it?

Also, what is the criteria where an assassination attempt is considered credible and prosecutable? I mean people joke around about such things and the methods described hardly seem thought-out or plausible.

12. emw macrumors G4

emw

Nah, I was just poking some fun at him. :)

And you say I was cold? :D

13. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

:p :p :p

ROFLOL!!!!

NeVerWAntEdtoBeINdappp

14. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Good question, jeffhatfield or another, maybe able to answer that.

edit: enjoy, gotta go fly home! yea!

15. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    If the Secret Service hears about it, it is credible until they prove otherwise.

They will investigate everything.

Saying thats a good idea on this forum is probably enough to get them to start pulling all web posts by you as well trying to track down your location.

Actual threats to the president will get you a sit down with 2 men in dark suits with sunglasses and earpieces. These men are lacking both necks and senses of humor. Seen it happen. That person never fell asleep at his keyboard again.

16. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Contradict much?

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Another job well done by the Secret Service, of course to them they were just doing there job. I lived through the assassination of one president, certainly don't want to see another.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Sorry, I just got back from out of state. I was making some very important plans with a friend. Now what's this all about, again? ;) :D

Frankly, much as I detest Bush, I wouldn't assassinate him for three reasons: (1) the obvious one, my sense of morality; (2) I wouldn't waste the bullet, they're needed in Iraq; and (3) two words: "President Cheney".

19. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Like bombs and guns in airports, after 9/11 they took the humor out of talking similarly about the President. They take it quite seriously now.

Used to be they made a file on you, and locked you up if the President was in town.

Now it's not so much fun for you, if you yell it out in public.

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I go on the record here as saying that George W. Bush should not be assassinated. (*cough!*KarlRove*cough!*)

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That "fun" has been gone quite some time, well before 9/11.

and TV, you forgot: 4) why use murder when humiliation is so much more fun? :D

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I don't know if I could get close enough to "pants" Rove.... :p :p

23. goodwill macrumors regular

How nuts can people be. This guy sounded like a heroic lunatic in his own mind. What about that Anna Kournikova stalker as well! Did you read up on that story, it sounds like that guy had a looser screw than this defiant schizophrenic

24. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I guess I'd be less concerned about this guy's case if the government had been right more often about the terror suspects they've arrested so far. Way to many of them have been released after months or years in jail for me to feel comfortable giving the gov't the benefit of any doubt. I sure hope they've got more on this guy than they're publicly admitting to, but as with so many others I'm worried they are bluffing or exaggerating things to help try this guy in the media.

25. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

With these types of plans, the most important thing to intervene before the crime is actually committed. In this particular case it would have mean the death of another president or the others with another possible 9/11. Many times we never even hear about the incident. There could also be valuable information that could be obtained.

I also found it very scary that the high school that he attended in Virginia was supported by the Saudi government. Teaching a radical form of Islam, beliefs of Osama bin Laden.