Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
A meatworker in New Zealand who accidentally cut his hand off with a saw had the operation to reattach it complicated by the fact that he'd previously cut the same arm off in a previous accident.

Bryan Speers almost completely severed his left hand at the wrist while cutting a flap of meat with a bandsaw at Crusader Meats in Benneydale, in the Waiakato district of New Zealand's North Island.

He told the New Zealand Herald: 'I just grabbed my hand and walked down to the office swearing my head off ... I really thought I was going to die.'
Metro.

Ouch.

Shoesy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Colchester, UK.
You've got hand it to him / that was handy / he doesn't exactly sound like a handyman / You'd have thought someone would have given him a hand / maybe he should have been awristed / was it a second hand saw? / was he caught red handed / did they keep it in his handbag / hand hand hand hand hand

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
On the other hand, why didn't he wait until he was already at hospital to cut off his hand?

referring to the thread about guy who shoots himself while at hospital

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Britney Spears cut her hand off? This is gonna be big news in Hollywood.

Oh wait, Bryan Speers. Never mind.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
WOW. Epic failure. How does one have the strength to just "pick his hand up" that is falling off of his body?!

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
This is meat. That is arm.

No, wait... this is arm, that is meat.

No! Arm. Meat. Arm. Meat.

Meat, meet arm. Arm, meet meat.

See saw. See saw armed.

Saw saw meet meat, miss meat, meet arm.

See armed saw makes arm missing meat.

<clunk>

<wails>

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
omg.

do they have an amazing worker's compensation pkg there?

I wouldn't let that guy back on the job in order to save his life (and limbs).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.