Man I just can't keep anything without "Pro" on it :)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Chone, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Recently I bought an iMac 20", all nice and well... but now I swapped it for a base mac pro! This thing flies and its as quiet as the iMac (only the HDD is noisy but thats okay), and of course, the pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The title is because I did the same thing with my MBP, I got a BlackBook originally and withint 5 days I was exchanging it for a MacBook Pro :)

2. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i did a similar thing. i have a 17" imac, but i finally just bought a mac pro. so far it's been a great choice :)

4. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

You REALLY need to scale down the resolution on those pictures. Some of us are still using iBook screens here!

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Request seconded. PLEASE!

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

They can't even display the whole picture on my MBP :eek:.

7. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Agreed, only 23/24/30" displays can support images like and most of us dont got one.

8. Chone thread starter macrumors 65816

Chone

Well the machine is very darn fast, like the Quad Xeon feel considerably snappier than the 2.16 merom on the iMac and that Core 2 Duo was already pretty darn fast to begin with and well everything feels faster.

Now I only have one little complain: The 7300GT, its okay but I thought it would be at least just as good as the X1600 on the iMac/MBP but turns out its considerably slower EVEN when heavily overclocked, well its still okay to run games but I think I'll swap it for a X1900XT when I can :)

Otherwise its superb, very quiet too.

9. phantasm10 macrumors member

May I suggest a new mousepad and maybe a fresh coat of paint on the wall? :p

10. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

yikes put that mac pro back in its box, it might get a disease from your wall:D