Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
this is a saweet ride man!
6.jpg

1.jpg
4.jpg
8.jpg

its an automatic..can you believe that?
11.jpg

nice sound system...
i-6_B_L.JPG

im salavating like a little puppy here... one day man...one day. sorry guys i just had to let some emotion out here. forgive me if this bothers you. ohh man.

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
what the....

ok, it looks great but what is it?

looks to me like a 300zx with skin grafts and enzio emblems. heck, it'd be nice if it was nissan (turbo?) guts; at least it would run reliably. and the insurance wouldn't eat you alive.....

i fell in love with the new mini cooper today-parked next to one and all i could do was drool and whimper like a puppy:(

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Re: what the....

Originally posted by 3rdpath
ok, it looks great but what is it?

looks to me like a 300zx with skin grafts and enzio emblems. heck, it'd be nice if it was nissan (turbo?) guts; at least it would run reliably. and the insurance wouldn't eat you alive.....

i fell in love with the new mini cooper today-parked next to one and all i could do was drool and whimper like a puppy:(

You da man! Very good observation.

Its a F355 Berlinetta Replica Built on a 1990 300ZX Chassis. I believe its a solid legit replica.

This can actually ...one of these days be a reality for me. Im concentrating my efforts on getting a dream car replica. Why? Well, because I can never afford the real thing man.

dig it!

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Bah! Rip off those horse thingies and put Apple stickers there instead!

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Originally posted by Beej
Bah! Rip off those horse thingies and put Apple stickers there instead!

hah. but then it wont be a ferrari replica anymore beej. them horse thingies are ferrari emblems. dig it.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Re: off topic

Originally posted by 3rdpath
where were those pictures taken?

i see the style of houses and think -plano or carollton or farmers branch, texas...makes me a little homesick to see a horizon without a mountain range

man you're on a roll here. you are hella observant. but i guess if youve been around carrolton or the surounding areas you can spot them out in pictures with no problem.

those pics were taken in allen texas... north dallas.

ive been to dallas plenty of times. its nice up there.

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Ya know you could get a REAL 308GTB for 20k?

People wouldn't laugh at it.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Originally posted by Nipsy
Ya know you could get a REAL 308GTB for 20k?

People wouldn't laugh at it.

Yeah... they are old school style though. Nice but not what im looking for as for body style. Besided the maintance work would be a killer wouldnt it?

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
actually this one aint bad.... its a replica 308.

under 10,000.

i would just put a t top on it and a rocking sound system. if i dont see anything else i may go for this one day. who knows.

Attachments

• f308-sandridge-ca.jpg
    f308-sandridge-ca.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 178

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
yeah but if i can have something that looks like the real deal for 100000 + less than the real deal...and its rare as hell on the roads and makes me happy....than its worth me looking into. actually this only applies to cars...not to puters. a highly priced real mac is not out of my range. an average price ferrari is.

but i hear ya still.

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by krossfyter
yeah but if i can have something that looks like the real deal for 100000 + less than the real deal...and its rare as hell on the roads and makes me happy....than its worth me looking into. actually this only applies to cars...not to puters. a highly priced real mac is not out of my range. an average price ferrari is.

but i hear ya still.

I guess I just don't see the appeal.

I had a used 308 once which I bought to sell, and it was wonderful, fast loud, unreliably built but drunk Italians, and perfect. Sold for more than I paid...yada yada yada...because it was not a car I could afford to own.

Now I just don't see the appeal in buying something that is a obvious fake. It's like people who show off a Fauxlex...

Take that 10k and get a nice 911, an incredibly fun Fiat/Ferrari Dino, a fully restored Triumph TR6, etc. You can buy a lot of car in that price range.

It seems like a shame to drive a Fiero wrapped in bad fiberglass, or a JapanItalian car.

Your an Apple user, so I think you've got the style in ya! Or maybe I just really dislike these things...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.