man i wish apple would....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by evanrousso, Oct 8, 2006.

1. evanrousso macrumors 6502

I wish apple would make a consumer friendly version of a tower computer. The iMac is cool and everything, but I would like to be able to pick out my own monitor or use the one that I have right now. Either that or the upgrade the minis in the near future to be able to have a larger hard drive and a faster processor.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I can't see them doing this in the near future because the iMac is the middle of the road computer. And if they released a middle of the road tower it would kill the Mac Pro salse and they'd have lower profits.

3. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Yadda yadda yadda, where's my iPhone and Momrom MBP goddamit!:p

Everyone wants a mid-tower, but that would cut deep into all desktop sales from Apple, so not gonna happen.:D

4. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Forget the iMac for a moment... I wouldn't mind seeing a model somewhere between the mini and the Mac Pro and price point to match, perhaps $1000-$2,000 range with a smaller chassis than the Mac Pro but slower CPUs and fewer options.

5. ddekker macrumors regular

speed

I agree but I think you would be amazed at the power of the Mini with decent ram, next to a G5 tower the mini is a ripper, its a ton of power in a little package, it does need better graphics, but all in all its a powerfull little unit..

DD

6. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

How many posts do we need to have for this? buy a used g5 or something...