Man keeps driving,,,with body in windshield.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Dont Hurt Me, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Only in St Petersburg, guess the dude didnt release he picked up a passenger.http://www.cnn.com My grandpa use to call it the town of the walking dead.

2. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Anyone got a better link on this? anyways the guy is driving down the road with this guy stuck in his windshield and a toll booth operator took notice. :eek:

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

4. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

People might have wondered why I was worried about my dad driving away in the minivan, but how does the phrase go "there but for the grace of god, go I"?

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is very sad. My prayers go out to the victim's family and friends.

When I first saw the title it reminded me of the episode on CSI. The man went through windshield, but was still alive. The driver didn't want to get caught. Drove home, put the car in his garage, and allowed the victim to just bleed to death. :eek: :(

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

i think that is based on a true story.

8. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Lived in the Tampa Bay area and it is just amazing, how older the person the larger the car. I am sure when he ran over the poor victim, he didn't notice anything in his Cadillac battleship

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, all old men drive big Cadillacs, and all Cadillacs come with a really weird hat. That's the only explanation for the craziness.

10. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

It is indeed.
    Link

11. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Few years ago I remember Law & Order used a similar plot. Although in theirs getting hit by the car was a red herring.

Lethal

12. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

I remeber that story and thinking to myself how [expletive deleted] up you would have to be to let someone die vs taking the chance on a DUI.. I keep trying to find the good in others but I cannot find any in this case.

13. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

I don't know which is more scary - the old guy who's too senile to notice what's going on, or the young woman who's too cynical to care?! It's a crazy world...

A

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You know how bad the traffic is there and it continues to get worse. The state doesn't want to do anything about it, either.

In Orlando the other night, someone in a Chevrolet Tahoe didn't want to wait while in traffic and since the toll road was being widened, they drove down the new portion under construction and killed one of the construction workers. The driver is in the hospital but it's unlikely that much will come of it. No one seems to have to take responsibility for their actions.

15. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

wow, here in IL they are serious about the construction areas, signs all around about how if you hit a worker there are these enormous fines and 15 years jail time min. and they are serious too, a few years ago some workers were hit, and since then, people know they will be in deep if they hit a worker. sad though, very sad.

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, I remember that one also. I'm a big fan of both shows.