Man 'set Valentine suicide pact'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Blue Velvet, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

3. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

All i know is -- thank god i'm in classes from 10.30 am to 10 pm on valentines day

the last thing i need is a constant reminder that it's valentines day

4. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

Can you imagine that guy sitting in front of his computer watching people 'off' themselves for his own pleasure?

Either a god complex or he didn't have enough guts to do himself and be quiet little blip on the map.

5. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

sigh

Gadzillions of dollars of innovation and this is the best he can do to utilize it. He needa a hobby - like checking the forums on Mac Rumors WAY to many times a day! :p

6. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

I don't know that I'd want him around these boards...

What a sick, sick man.
    -Chase

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is a very chilling article. The dark side of the Internet. Sounds as though this man has personality issues. He's 26 and still lives with his parents. Kudos to the Canadian woman that alerted police.

8. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Actually I don't have anything against suicide pacts. If people want to kill themselves, they will, either by themselves or in groups. Doesn't make it wrong in the least.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Suicide is a very sad situation. A result of depression a feeling of such despair and pain, that the person feels that death is the only way out. In many cases it is a call for help. If a person that is close to them can sometimes pickup the clues and get them the needed help before its too late. When in that condition it's hard to see anyway out. Usually counseling and medication to change brain chemicals will again let the person see that life is truly worth living. Such a devastating thing on those that are left, the feeling that I should have done something

10. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I think that suicide could be deemed as the 'easy' way out. After all it is much more difficult to live here and go on. It is a shame that so many people feel this is a way to satisfy what is not working for them in life. Having a young brother die at the age of 5 makes me not really understand this mindset - at least it changed mine. Why 'choose' to take away life, when it can be taken away at any moment - enjoy this gift and make the most of it.

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your 5 year old brother. Was it cancer or some other illness. A death at that age is very difficult? :(

12. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

It was long ago. Died of a little known disease called Reye's Syndrome - attacks the liver and the brain a rare complication following the flu or chicken pox.

13. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

That is my philosophy as well, but many people have undiagnosed mental illnesses that contribute to their suicidal thoughts. More effort needs to be made by our society to diagnose and treat these.

14. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Umm, did they cut your hours at work BV?

Just wondering, because you do seem to spending a lot of time around here of late. Heck, I think all the regulars probably spend waaaay too much time here anyway - at least I'm sure that their family probably think they do, even if they themselves won't admit it.

15. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

personally, I find the woman that the Canadian found out about just as creepy as the guy orchestrating everything. I mean, having a ridiculously morbid God complex is one thing, but being willing to kill both of your children before killing yourself? That's just inconceivable. I mean, I'm a teenage guy and don't particularly like kids, but that is still so far beyond my comprehension, it's just.... ugh.

16. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    yeah full day of lecture for me, ill be too tired to carry out a valentines day death pact

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I would hope that you are just making light of the situation. Hopefully the thought of suicide has never entered your mind.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I think the guy who designed the Heightmax ad at the top of the page should enter some kind of suicide pact. That thing is really annoying. [​IMG]

19. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

No.

I've created a doppleganger to post here while I'm out having fun...

I've been on leave – the housework's done, I don't have a TV, don't feel like reading, am pottering on the Mac, rippings CDs – Pshop on one monitor, MR on the other... I'm also a grown woman who has no-one to answer to except myself. :)

Happy Valentines, everyone!

BV
    x

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is a good place to be Blue Velvet. I'm very happy to know that you are OK.

Also a very warm Happy Valentines to all my friends. ;)

wd
    x

21. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Happy Valentine's and internet hugs, flowers and chocolates to you too ;)