Man severs own penis, throws it at officers

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stella, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-ouch17.html

Man severs own penis, throws it at officers

March 17, 2006

BY ERIC HERMAN Staff Reporter

Before cops threw the book at him, Jakub Fik threw something unusual at them -- his penis.

Fik, 33, cut off his own penis during a Northwest Side rampage Wednesday morning. When confronted by police, Fik hurled several knives and his severed organ at the officers, police said. Officers stunned him with a Taser and took him into custody.

"We took him out without any serious injury, with the exception of his own," said Chicago Police Sgt. Edward Dolan of the 16th District.

Doctors at Northwestern Memorial Hospital reattached Fik's penis Wednesday, sources said. He was listed in good condition Thursday, according to hospital spokesman Andrew Buchanan, who declined to comment further.

Smashing car windows

Fik, who lives in the 5400 block of W. Berenice, is charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of criminal damage to property, said Officer Laura Kubiak. He told paramedics he was distraught over problems with his girlfriend in Poland, Dolan said.

Police arrived on Fik's block at 8:20 a.m. Wednesday after receiving reports he was smashing car windows, Dolan said. Fik then broke into a house down the block. A group of six or seven officers assembled in front of the house, Dolan said.

The occupants were not home, he added.

Fik was bleeding when the officers arrived and may have already cut off his organ, Dolan said.

"At that point, this guy came running out, naked, with a handful of knives . . . and started throwing knives at the police officers that were 10, 20, 30 feet away," Dolan said.

Fik threw his penis during the confrontation, too, Dolan said. He then went back into the house and re-emerged with "another handful of knives," Dolan said.

Dolan sneaked to the side of the bungalow's front steps and stunned Fik with the Taser. Fik fought back when officers went to restrain him, Dolan said.

"About 10 feet from the front porch, right on the sidewalk, was his penis," Dolan said.

Dr. Greg Bales, associate professor of urology at the University of Chicago, said severed penises are uncommon but surgery usually works.

"As long as the penis is placed on ice and reattached within a few hours, the success is usually pretty good," Bales said.

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

It seems this happens altogether too often....wtf is wrong with people? :confused:

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Well, I bet that showed them.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

We got some sick bastards in this world, :eek: What the heck is wrong with people? Just when you thought you have heard it all someone finds a new low. Man is a animal here is just more proof.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

At least it was his own and not someone else's...

6. iShane macrumors 6502a

Ahhh. That would really hurt. And. That's just plain nasty.

7. pinto32 macrumors 6502

Actually, throwing your own penis at police officers is a brilliant legal maneuver. Basically, this guy knew he was going away for a while, so he acted. Any officer who was hit by the flying phallus is now guilty of sexual harrassment. The Chicago PD will be begging this guy not to take THEM to court!

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

If you're willing to cut it off, you don't deserve to get it back.

9. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

maybe he was going to kill himself and cut off his penis to show "he meant business?" :p
    whatever the reason, that's pretty sick :eek: i can only imagine how much that must have hurt...

10. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Expect to see a legal reenactment of this cutting edge strategy on Boston Legal. Alan Shore would be perfect as attorney for the defendant.

11. aquajet macrumors 68020

12. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

So do I...I mean mine, of course...not yours...I don't actually know yours. :eek:

13. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

A few more posts like #'s 11 and 12 and this may morph into "The Official I Love My Penis Thread." :)

14. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Damn, another Darwin Award candidate, but foiled by the miracle of modern medecine.

:mad:

15. aquajet macrumors 68020

Of course you don't, silly cowboy. ;)

16. FireArse macrumors 6502a

idots

i don't think they should have put it back on in case he shared his genes into the gene pool. what an idiot

17. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Reminds me of one of the Grey's Anatomy episodes. A guy got his penis cut off by a girl he raped.

18. aquajet macrumors 68020

Maybe not. I hear it's all the rage in masochist circles these days...

19. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    So how many of you guys crossed your legs when you read that subject line?;)

20. tweakers_suck macrumors regular

The doctors should have reattached it upside down.

*oops*

21. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

I did. Eyes watered too!

Didn't you hear the global *gasp* and "oooooooch"?

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

oh wow. and i live in the same city as that guy. not too far either. scary. :eek:

23. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

If that happen to me, i know i would be like, "wow but i have a gun, and a gun beats a a penis:)

(in most things anyway):p