Man these elections are turning nasty.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SiliconAddict, Oct 24, 2004.

1. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ah, if only. Kerry would rather talk (and talk, and talk). And Bush would just talk about acting. Then Bush would accidently shoot the wrong person, say they had ties to Kerry, and plant a gun on them when no weapons are found. "You can run, but you can't hid... oh, I guess you can't run or hide. My bad."

Is that a juice box in Bush's hand?

3. Desertrat macrumors newbie

This campaign was nasty long before the Democratic primaries began. It "hasn't gotten better with age", either. This is some of the most unending mud-slinging I've seen, ever--and that goes back to the Truman/Eisenhower era.

And so I just haven't given more than a minimal amount of attention to whatever anybody sez about Iraq or welfare or Islam or terrorism or unemployment or taxes. 90% of it is BS, campaign garbage, telling us what they think we want to hear, or telling us how evil and bad nasty "they" are.

Bush sez, "I'm doing good." Oh, yeah?

Kerry sez, "No, he's doing bad. I'll make it all better. I have a plan!" " Oh, yeah? The last "I have a plan." guy was Nixon.

'Rat

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That was a secret plan. Like 'em or not Kerry's plans are in full view.

But I've been hearing Bush supporters poke fun at Kerry for having a "plan" for a while now, so I presume this is how the GOP is now responding to Bush's obvious lack of planning.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

What are you talking about? Our plan is to stay the course.

Why, don't you know that any deviation from how things are exactly right now means you die?

If we change course at all, it will show weakness to an enemy who will then attack us from every angle.

I mean, even talking about not staying the course, about changing plans is giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

You're in trouble; I'm calling the FBI.

7. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Kerry has a nice, open plan about the economy, right? Anytime any politician tells you he has a plan about The Economy, it's darned well time to nod off. In the lst 50 yers, I've only seen two times that a President's "plan" for the economy worked, and even then there were some rather uncomfortable side effects. Once was during the JFK era; again, at the beginning of Reagan--and even the good derived from Volcker, who IIRC came to the fed during Carter.

So I don't care if Bush's economic plan is open or secret; it ain't gonna work, either.

Most politicians couldn't beat a C- in Econ 101.

And so it goes...

'Rat

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

And so what goes, 'Rat? Your argument that where your guy has performed demonstrably poorly that the other one can't possibly do any better?