Manchester, Arndale Centre

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by -Garry-, Jun 16, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

Put your name down. :)

What time are you getting there?

2. macrumors regular

I'm looking at getting there at approx 10am-ish, wait until it dies down a bit.

3. macrumors newbie

I'm not sure whether to go to Manchester Arndale or Liverpool ONE. I'm from St Helens, so it's cheaper to get to Liverpool, but the Apple Store there is on an open street, I can imagine a massive queue building.

Either way, the earliest I can get to either of them is 6:50am, doors opened for the Arndale at 7am last time didn't they?

I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 4 32Gb. I'm assuming it'll be Sim free from the store too. Anyone had past experience in doing this and getting the thing they wanted?

4. macrumors member

I'll be there at either 8AM or 6PM, depends whether I can get out of college for the morning. Probably can. Got my reservation for a 16GB model in, sim-free.

5. macrumors newbie

Argh, I didn't realise you could reserve it. There'll still be some available, right? :confused:

6. macrumors newbie

I have mine reserved also at Arndale. Wondering if its worth looking like a saddo on the off chance that there will be a q, or to just arrive casually - as if i was just passing at around 8am.

You know the type of walk past, check if there is a huge amount of people, if so join them.

If not, go to Maccy D's and get a Sausage and Egg McMuffin just to get my fingers really greasy in time for a nice new screen......

Just sent off my 3gs to O2 Recycle, so i'll be the muppet with the Nokia 1661. That amazing piece of technology has a .....torch......

And a radio....Lets see the Iphone do that!

7. macrumors member

Does anyone have any idea when the Arndale itself will open its doors?! I do not want to be waiting outside! :eek:

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

I'm from St. Helens too. Work in Manchester though so Arndale makes sense.

9. macrumors 6502

I'm at work til 6pm so will heading to the Arndale about 630 ish
    Hope it will be pretty quiet then. Those who didn't reserved one will be gone by then. Picking up unlocked 16gb

10. macrumors regular

Gamst

I'm going to get there for 7am ish I think. Need to find out where to queue up. Anyone popping in, in the next few days please can you ask about the vodafone contract situation and maybe where to queue? Thanks :)

11. macrumors regular

Definately decided on Arndale, rather than Trafford.

Getting there about 6AM, mainly so I can hit a McDonalds and then check out the queues.

I didn't pre-order so hoping to be one of the first, but highly doubt it :(

I'm ringing Arndale Apple store tomorrow to find out whats happening Thursday morning.

12. macrumors regular

littledigger

i'll be there for about 6am ish. I want to get trapped in the queue and enjoy the mass anxious-ness, hehe. :D

13. macrumors regular

I dunno about the second question, but according to one of the guys in there they 'should be' offering Vodafone contracts in there. I'm hoping so because I want to switch to them too.

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

Just been into the Apple Store in the Arndale.

The centre itself will be opening its doors at 7am on Thursday, and the best entrance to use is the one by the Birdcage, opposite the Printworks. In return for providing you with this lovely information for free ... if you get there best me and see a guy in a black Apple cap joining the back of the queue, invite me to stand with you instead. ;)

15. macrumors 6502

O2 in the Arndale for me, they're opening at 8am for the iPhone 4 launch. I dont know about the Market St or Cross St stores though. All within 2 mins walk of each other anyway.

16. macrumors regular

Gamst

Just called the Apple Store, Vodafone, Orange and O2 are confirmed for contracts.

Birdcage entrance seems to be the best bet, there or opposite big wheel.

When asked about what Time people will be queuing, he replied 3am on Thursday and done Wednesday! I asked if I turned up at 5am, would there be many already there, like 100's and he said it wouldn't suprise him!

He couldn't disclose the number of reservations they've had, but said if I've reserved I'll get one, but obviously get there early if you want to get away quicker.

I'll probably call back Wednesday and ask about entrances again.

Is it worth calling the actual Arndale, see if they'll let us in earlier? ;-)

Not long now Gentlemen!

17. macrumors regular

Gamst

Just called Vodafone, to try and confirm they'll be doing contracts at the Apple store. He didn't know! They apparently don't have any sim cards at the moment. He told me to call once I have the iPhone! I reiterated that I wantba contract and he said they don't know yet and to call back on launch. He said he very much doubts Apple stores will be offering contracts as they only sell them sim free!

Bloody useless, all of them! How the he'll can the Apple store say they are doing vodafone contracts, but vodafone themselves not know?!!

I'm worried I'll queue up for god knows how many hours then find out they aren't doing contracts. So, so annoying. Why is this launch such a farce?!

18. macrumors regular

I hate the fact that the earliest train gets in at 6AM, so a quick taxi ride from Piccadilly (I'm not walking, takes longer!) will get me there for 6.15 at the latest,

I'm gunna be met with thousands of you aren't I?

19. macrumors regular

Gamst

I hope not! I don't know when to turn up! This launch has been such a sham that I'm starting to wonder if the guaranteed iPhone is bollocks too.

20. macrumors member

Got a 16GB reserved, but I'd really like the 32GB.

Anyone know if they'll let me swap and pay the difference once they get them back in stock?

21. Mkz
    macrumors regular

Mkz

Not sure what time to get there yet. Definitely not getting there at a ridiculous time like 6am though. Might arrive for 8am.

22. macrumors regular

After hearing all the rumors about numbers at different shops, I'm actually kicking myself for not pre-ordering :(

23. macrumors 6502

Anyone know what time o2 in the arndale is opening? The o2 website doesn't list it as being one of the early opening stores - at least it didn't last time I checked.

24. macrumors member

The O2 Arndale isn't opening early, but the one on Market Street just outside is opening early, 8:02am. I'll be popping in there to get my microSIM on the morning.

25. macrumors regular

Gamst

Considering getting there super early now, don't know yet.

Has anyone had any luck calling them in the last few days? I let it ring fir 10 minutes and 30 minutes last night with no answer! Trafford centre answer within minutes. The TC store seem much much more professional and helpful, wonder why that is?

I want to double check they are 100% doing Vodafone contracts and confirm where to queue. Called Vodafone and they still don't know anything and just tell me to register my interest. The women today asked if it was the iPhone 4G I wanted!

Less than 24 hours now!