Manchester Mac Guy.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Coolio, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Coolio macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. I'm based in Manchester, England. A few years ago, I lent a Mac from a college I was studying at so as to type up essays because I didn't have a computer at home back then. I still have the disk with the essays on, but no method of opening the files again to print the essays out. Was wondering whether anyone on here lives in Manchester and has a Mac with a floppy disk drive. Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

You tried the Apple Store in the Trafford Center? They might be kind and do it for you...

3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Another option would be to buy a USB floppy drive. Cheap as chips because no one uses floppies anymore.

4. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Have you got access to a Windows PC with a floppy drive? You should at least be able to get the files off the floppy and maybe email them to someone with a Mac.

Also... what application did you use for your essay? You might find it opens reasonably well in something like MS Word for the PC.

Good luck
    SL

5. Queso macrumors G4

That's only going to work if the disk was FAT formatted to begin with. If it was formatted as a Mac disk, the PC won't read it.

6. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

D'oh. Oh yeah. :(

7. Coolio thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice, guys. Got a few leads there :)