Mancunians! Who woke up at 4am?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

what on earth happened last night? at about 4am huge winds, rain and hail were bashing against my window. much more louder/powerful than anything I've seen before. Funny thing is my parents woke up too, though their bedroom is on the opposite side of the house with a hill shielding them.
    Spoke to some guys at university today and they all had similar stories!

So! back to the title... were you woken too? seem to hit the Saddleworth and Tameside area the worst.

I'm just waiting for huge spaceships to drop out of the clouds now :p

plot thickens, my sister got back from school and said all her mates were talking about it! I know this may just be a storm but theres such a surreal feel to this. just the fact that the wind was hitting both opposite sides of the house at the same time.

2. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Yeah, that was insane. I thought it was going to break my windows it was hitting so hard against them! It didn't seem to last for too long though, at least it didn't seem long in my sleepy state.

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Another! haha. brilliant.

the tin hat me wants to say that it was the army testing weapons in the stratosphere, anyone noticed how all day there has been huge cloud cover and I'm still to hear/see a plane at all.

4. Badradio macrumors 6502

Yeah, it was pretty brutal. I'm a heavy sleeper but no one could have slept through that. So was that a precursor to the Russian winter we're expecting?

5. Qoxiivi macrumors regular

Qoxiivi

How come you were all in bed and not out thievin' ?

;)

6. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

Gawwd, thats Liverpudlians not Mancunians :)

Didn't hear a thing but then again im 30 miles away from Manc

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

im an hour away! and damn you, I was going to say the Liverpool thing!

Just asked my girlfriend if she woke up... she was already awake and yea they had powerful winds down in Stoke-on-Trent too. magical!

8. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Im in stoke-on-trent too. I had my bedroom window open too, thank god it did wake me, other wise my iMac would of got soaked.

9. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

10. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I think you'll find thats equally split... after all isn't Mancsville still the car crime capital of the UK? At least us Scousers have the decency to leave the car (admittedly on bricks and minus a stereo:D ;) )

My parents did mention strong winds in Liverpool (although they are on the very outskirts of the county) but nothing of the near-apocolyptic scale raggedjimmi reports. Anything on North West Tonight?

11. dcv macrumors G3

I think I just pissed myself a little™ :D