Manimal and Automan fest on Bravo

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Jun 18, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

hahahahahaha brilliant, I've not seen either of them since they were first broadcast in the mid '80's :eek: :p makes a change from Knight Rider. :p

Rinky dink link

2. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Watching Automan now. How great is he?

None of my friends remember Manimal so I can finally show them what i've been rambling about for the last few years and they'll think that i'm less mental than they currently do.

3. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    ****in A man!

i love manimal, and no-one's ever heard of it, and Automan as well. i was lucky enough to see Manimal on (i think) bravo (completely different to bravo in england mind) over here a few years back, they did a marathon for a weekend. i'm gonna have to check the listings and see if it's on stateside...

the bubbling back of the hand...awesome!
    and didn't automan have that car that went round 90º corners at top speed or something??

brilliant!

still think i like the black panther best :D

4. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

and on a different note, anyone remember The Littlest Hobo??? (see my location for a theme song lyric :) ) or how about Monkey (Monkey Magic)??? or what about Tales of the Golden Monkey???

ahh Pigsey! haha

5. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

The Littlest Hobo was fantastic. My fiance has been after a t-shirt with it on for ages. Your location always brings a smile to my face when I see your posts.

I used to love Monkey too even though I was a little confused and frightened about Tripitaka because even though supposedly a bloke he was blatantly a rather attractive young woman......it has scarred me.

You have to go here my friend

6. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

fantastic! cheers ace.

"every time i stop, i make a new friend"

yeah i never understood the tripitaka thing either...

right, i'm off to search for cool retro stuff on eBay...if you need anything from the US site, let me know!

wags finger whilst blowing air onto it

7. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

ok, back on track with automan and manimal...

just found a few DVDs of both on eBay, not sure if they're legit or not, maybe TV rips, maybe not...but i just found it interesting that they both used to work with, and help the NYPD...and where was i until recently? NYC...maybe it was a sign all those years ago...maybe not :cool:

8. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

that's the one... a Lamborghini Countach of all things. :eek: :D :p

Just finished watching the first episode... it's just like Tron except cheaper :p

What Bravo really need to do is a day of '80's goodness...

Knight Rider
    The A-Team
    Airwolf
    Street Hawk
    Manimal
    The Fall Guy
    Dukes of Hazard
    Automan

:D

9. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Definitely a Dukes of Hazzard day! Daisy Duke.....grrrrrrrrowl. Can't believe that she's blonde in the new movie
    :mad:

10. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

it was a countach?? fantastic! what about Blue Thunder? wasn't that an airwolf copy of sorts?? wasn't there another bike one too? á la Street Hawk??

11. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

yep... complete with neon blue edging ;)

Blue Thunder just pre-dated Airwolf, but Airwolf would've kicked Blue's arse. :D

hmmmmm... not sure on that one, I thought Street Hawk was the only one? actually come to think of it, a silver/grey and orange motorbike springs to mind...? hmmmmmmm.

Speaking of '80's shows, anyone remember 'The Highwayman' with that K.I.T.T. style truck? :D

12. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Loved that show.

I sued to think Airwolf was cooler but in retrospect that was just a tricked out huey while Blue Thunder was an a apache.

We need more shows like that now-a-days.

13. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I was saying exactly the same thing to my mates earlier :D

14. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

i've had many a conversation like that....they don't make shows like they used to that's for sure!

so what else do you miss from back in the day??
    you remember shows like tiswas? or the multicolour swapshop (i think) on saturday mornings??

oh, MacRy, i've been listening to the Littlest Hobo theme on loop for ages now :rolleyes: shockingly sad of me haha

15. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I remember watching both these TV shows and more, that seem to have disappeared. Back to the Past. :)

16. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I just about remember Multicolour Swapshop, I wasn't really old enough when it was on.

I do remember Saturday Superstore which came after Swapshop, and later Going Live.

On ITV it was Number 73 and Get Fresh. ;)

Do you remember 'Hold Tight'? it was that massive snakes and ladders game set in the grounds of Alton Towers, the snakes were tube slides... :p

Actually remember 'Rentaghost' what was that all about? with that freaky jester who did that evil cackle at the end. :eek:

17. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Dude I was a contestant on that show! :) We lost quite spectacularly. Teachers were on the snakes & ladders board and the pupils ran to get the letters and numbers from the board. The highlight of it all (apart from being on tv obviously) was, of course, meeting Bob Carolgees :D

18. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

hahaha, yeah i remember Hold Tight, would never have remembered the title though. yep, Number 73, i think i remember when they had that morris and the minors song on there??? anyone remember that?? if i remember correctly, that was back in the day of the beastie boys and their VW neck chains...i could be very wrong about that though. and yeah, i certainly remember Saturday Superstore and Going Live (with Philip Schofield and Gordon the Gopher haha). i was pretty young when Swapshop was on, barely remember a thing about that....how about Wacaday with Timmy Mallett??? just wrong thinking back.

never got Rentaghost, just thought it was stupid....and i think i've asked this before, what was that game show, when people had to walk across a grid thing and try not to fall through it into space or something...The Adventure Game??? oh! what about The Krypton Factor??? classic!

remember "it's a knockout"??? before it went all royal and lame

MacRy ... Bob Carolgees hahahaha

19. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

Here in Costa Rica one of the networks has been airing reruns of the A-Team since the series originally aired. Right now it is shown during the weekdays at 4pm.

I sometimes catch it when I get a day off from work, and still enjoy it. :D

20. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

hahahahahahaha fantastic!!! I loved that show :D

Now I can't compete with being on Hold Tight, anyone remember Take Hart and Hart Beat with Tony Hart? well Tony always seemed to be at my primary school back in the '80's (think he was mates with our head) and we seemed to be on the show every week :D and indeed I was on that once, if only rather fleetingly :)

Yep that's the one ;) pre-runner to 'Knightmare' wasn't it? :D

Remember 'Look and Read' with Wordy? that floating head with arms, but no legs and covered in letters. There was something definitely sinister in that show.

Also what about 'Why Don't You?' or the 'Red Hand Gang'? :D

The A-Team hasn't been broadcast over here for a while now, the odd episode, but never the full series. Bravo show Knight Rider everyday though :D

They just don't make show's like that for kids anymore... kinda sad in a way, I remember that when anything like Knight Rider, A-Team or Street Hawk used to be on, the streets would go quiet for an hour, and then afterwards all the kids would be back on the street, tying and bolting all kinds of stuff to BMX's pretending we were B.A. :D

And just incase anyone is in any doubt about Rentaghost... see what I mean! :eek: :p

21. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Yeah, although I've never forgotten their ability to 'teleport' by holding their noses and sniffing. I mean.. how useful would that be!

Yup.... they had to cross and avoid standing on the Vortex... And there was an aspidistra plant to give out useless advice... Can't remember anything else about it... except that I did quite like watching it!

I saw Automan was on this weekend but with Mum staying for the weekend, I had no time to watch it - I loved that on Saturday teatimes.

Ah... BBC Saturday morning TV. Lots of redials on the phone trying to get through on 01 811 8055... and I could probably still send a postcard to BBC TV Centre without looking up the postcode.

22. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I only remember the number once it changed to 081 811 8181 :D which was Going Live ;)

23. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I loved The Adventure game. Weren't all the people and money and stuff anagrams of Dragon? Hiold on i'm going to Google it.....aha look here. Interesting piece of trivia from the show.....the Aspidistra plant used to move around in a later series and was apparenbtly played by none other than Kenny Baker (R2D2 from Star Wars).