Manual/Auto Focus, and other settings

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Buschmaster, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

How many of you adjust things when you're shooting? When I'm using my P&S I almost always change my ISO myself. When I'm using my SLR I HAVE to focus myself, but I don't adjust anything else, everything else is on auto unless I want a desired effect with the shutter speed.

What about you guys?

2. iHotu macrumors regular

I have a real hard time manually focusing with my 20D, so I use auto focus all the time. I usually set the shutter speed based on lens length and let the camera suggest a f-stop, then adjust from there. I also will change the ISO, but I wish it was displayed in the view finder, hate it when I leave it at 800/1600 :mad:

3. beavo451 macrumors 6502

Manual exposure 90%, Aperture priority 10%
    iTTL flash control
    AF unless AF cannot focus, then I use manual (thank god for AF-S lenses).

You might want to consider a Katz Eyes split screen if you use manual focus so much.

4. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I usually use AV setting. So far, AF has been able to focus properly. I am sure I will come across with the shots which require the manual focus when AF cannot do the proper focusing.

5. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I'm in Av mode pretty much all the time, and I let the lens do the focusing, unless I'm shooting something with intense backlighting.

6. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I usually shoot in aperture priority and I adjust the ISO as needed, as I don't trust Auto ISO. I normally use autofocus except in certain macro situations, where it is usually necessary to use manual focus.