Manual update only way?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dukebound85, Sep 30, 2006.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I have all of my music stored on my external hard drive and on my ipod. However, wehn i take my laptop somplace, i obviously dont have my external but do have my ipod on me. What i used to do is just plug in mt ipod to my computer and run itunes from it. Why can this not be done when you have the ipod set up to synch to the computer? it is nice having play counts carry across and autoupdate.

anyone know how to access the songs via itunes when the ipod is set up for synching?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry if this is painfully obvious, but why not just listen to the iPod directly? :eek:

Alternatively, could you have a second music library (a new feature of iTunes 7) on your laptop? Of course, this wouldn't synchronise playcounts though. :eek:

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

Yea I could do that but I like itunes interface so much more than the ipods in terms of how it organizes the music and such. I could have music on my laptop but I dunno just wanted to keep my laptop full of useful apps and things non media.

I just do not know why it has to be manual to do this. I mean its still being played on the ipod yet it cant synch anymore. Just not cool in my opinion