Marble Blast Gold

Discussion in 'Games' started by mad jew, Jun 1, 2005.

1. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm sorry, but is this the single greatest game to have graced the Mac platform? I've only just found it (preinstalled on my iMac) and I'm seriously addicted! It's a little worrying.

By the way, has anyone managed to get even remotely close to the gold standard times in the advanced section? Either it's super hard or I really suck.

Off topic: I don't think I've ever made a sentence about something super hard and me sucking. We'll leave it there... ;)

2. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

yeah, that game rocks :)

3. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

For sure, I like to play it every once in a while.

I'm stuck on the tree level in advanced, I keep getting thrown by that launch thing and I can't land back on the tree.

Grrrrr

Soulstorm,

I'd say your computer has good enough specs to run that game.

:D

4. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Hm... Not quite. I want to purchase an X800XT to reach 500 fps... And a screen capable of showing them...

5. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Yeah but I'd say you G3 tower has tons of RAM, if could probably whip you G5 anyday

(384 GB RAM?)

6. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I love Marble Bast Gold! It was on my iBook and then my g/f got a powerbook so I made sure to burn it to CD before I sold my iBook to get the powerbook back in the day (as in 6 months ago). I still play it from time to time and getting the gold times in advanced seems to be damn near impossible :eek: I can't even get through most of the levels in advanced mode... still I love that game. It is a great time killer in airports or at work ;)

7. rowanhall macrumors member

its a fun wee game! some of the later levels are nightmare!

a lot like super monkey ball on the gamecube!

8. pdpardue macrumors regular

i got gold

got gold on advance level 1... see attached screen shot for proof.

Attached Files:

9. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

im slowy becoming addicted, i play on my gf's iMac when i can, but does everyones fan get way loud when they play? If i stick my hand in the back of the machine it feels like a hot blow dryer. Does playing marble blast really demand that kind of cooling ?

10. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Yeah both my iBook and Powerbook would get very toasty when I would run Marble Blast... seemed more so than when I ran UT 2003 haha!

11. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Anyone playing Marble Blast Gold with an ATI card should get ahold of ATI Displays, if you haven't already, and turn on anisotropic filtering in 3D overrides. This game is an absolutely perfect example of what anisotopic filtering does and why it's a good thing...as you can plainly see in the attached pic.

--Eric

Attached Files:

12. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

WOW. I had no idea that it made that much of a difference. That is quite an improvement in distant objects! Very cool and nice screenshots :)

13. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

that game is the best i cant even pass the advanced levels let alone get gold on them

14. ibookowner2 macrumors regular

ibookowner2

I know that this thread is a little bit old but I have a question. I recently beat all of the levels in this game and I still cannot do the custom part of the game, does anyone have any answers?

15. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness

It's such a cool game! Although I rarely play it, my anti-Mac friend always asks for my iBook just to play with Marble Blast Gold! :D

16. steelfist macrumors 6502a

i only got one gold time and it's in intermediate. i think it's the racing car track level which you have to get a lot of gems and use the booster a lot. for some reason, the gold time 43, I went all crazy and accidentally jumped really high and finished in 35 seconds. can't remember what i did, but the only 2 things i can remember: one, i am not always at ground level, :D, and second i wasen't always on the track. :p

ok. that aside, the ati driver rocks, however i don't know if performance has improved, and also, i hate the first level of advanced section! how are supposed to beat 30 seconds gold time when you have to be so careful? (it's the thrill ride level)

Marble Blast is a very good game. i hate nanosaur 2 though. if only if the controls for the mouse can be configured a bit more from inverted to normal First person view (unreal tournament) mouse settings, it would be a good game too! i just can't control that dinosaur with wings! (forgot it's name :p)

17. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

I got the non-Gold version free with .Mac. It's quite the addictive game. My personal favorite levels are the Escher Mazes.

18. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Well I haven't completed the game, but was also wondering what the custom part is for?? Someone please explain?!

::20ROGERSC::

19. mackster17 macrumors newbie

The custom part allows people to make their own levels and then play them or you can download them from here there's 147 I think and most are really hard!!http://www.garagegames.com/marbleblast/levels.php

20. ibookowner2 macrumors regular

ibookowner2

21. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I want marble blast gold! I didn't get it in my powermac g5!

22. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Yeah it didn't come with my PB either :( I feel like I'm missing out!

23. mad jew thread starter Moderator emeritus

mad jew

24. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

This is the single greatest game ever, currently on advanced 41, got stuck on 36 for a week :eek:

25. barneygumble macrumors 6502a