Marble Blast Ultra : On Xbox Live Arcade

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Jan 26, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

And a sh*t load of fun it is too :D

Multiplayer is great. This is up there with Geometry Wars in quality..

2. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Really? I played the demo and found it "meh" on the excitement factor, but I agree with the build quality, the game looks and plays great.

Loving this XBOX arcade...it's really going to be the cat's meow until we find out about the revolution's classic nintendo shop....

3. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

4. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

It is good? Guess I will have to try it then, I just got the year thing a couple weeks ago.

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I downloaded that demo and Full Auto today. Marble Blast is nice, might buy the full version, sometimes these types of games are a nice change from intense first-person shooters. Full Auto seems pretty cool, graphics are good, sorta cartoon-y, but I think that is what they were going for. Being able to attack your opponents is fun, but I think I am going to pick up Need for Speed, that demo sold me.

6. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Is that the game that used to ship with every consumer mac?

7. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I played the full auto demo today as well. Not a fan. Too much racing not enough shooting. I despise racing games especially sims. But even NFS or Burnout just dont do it for me. Gimmie a Twisted Metal and were in business.

8. TheGimp macrumors 6502

I download the Fulla Auto and Marble Blast Ultra Demos yesterday. The former was blah (too insubtantial feeling, like twisted metal, only linear), the latter I bought within 20 minutes of playing the demo. MBU has excellent gameplay, has the best textures I've ever seen in a budget or shareware title of this price and genre, and runs at a consistently high framerate for a console game. It was a joy to play and behold MBU on my 26" LCD HDTV and have no tearing, hiccuping, chugging, or what have you, even in multiplayer with lots of small and large brilliantly colored marbles rolling, hopping, and flying all over the place. Highly recommended.

Kinda makes me want to dig out Mercury for the PSP again, since that game, while in many respects similar to MBU, had the extreme innovation and brilliant implementation of the Mercury itself.

9. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Agree with you on both counts in regards to FA and MBU..

Mercury & Lumines are the only games I frequently play on the psp. Both great skill puzzlers.

10. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

My friend, who is an avid gamer really disliked the build quality of the full version of Need For Speed. He enjoyed some of the gameplay and found it challenging, but cited some choppiness and lag that just shouldn't have been there.

I totally agree about Twisted Metal, that franchise was tons of fun and rocked the playstation like none other.

11. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah that's the one thing I feel full auto would suit. Arena combat, they should drop the racing and lap part and the game would rock... Too late for that though. Oh well..

12. TheGimp macrumors 6502

I had the same feelings about the demo, but ended up renting the full version out of boredom. Now I'm having a great time playing it, enjoying the hyper-realistic tracks with their surreal hazy shading, loving the controls, and not minding the choppiness at all (guess I got used it, but still notice it a bit). I originally criticized NFS:MW on the basis of low framerate, but now I think it's a matter of a high framerate alternating every other second with a much lower framerate (sounds weird, I know!), but after playing it for a good while on a good HDTV at 720p with VGA, I think it averages out to a smooth experience.

In fact, of the non-xbox live titles, NFS:MW now ranks up there as one of my favorite 360 titles (after Condemned, PGR3, COD2, and PDZ)

13. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Well that's positive news. I might rent it, although Ridge Racer would probably come in front of NFS in my book. I really did enjoy some of the demo though, especially the engine noises on the tricked out Lexus in the challenge mode....yum.

14. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I haven't downloaded MBU yet, but I'm sure I will.

Downloaded the demo for Full Auto on Wednesday and played it a couple of times... sorry, but I was NOT impressed. In fact, I was so disappointed with it that I canceled my order for the game from EBGames.

15. cvalda macrumors member

MBU is a great game. I was really surprised by it, because I didn't really enjoy the demo I play on my Mac. The graphics are really great, the gameplay is challenging but fun, the multiplayer is AMAZING and it is absolutely worth every point you pay to get it.

I, too, downloaded the Full Auto demo. However, I thought it was fun. It's nothing special, but I had a really fun time playing it.