March 27th, New MacPros?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by sdhollman, Mar 26, 2007.

  1. sdhollman macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2005
    Location:
    Toronto, Ontario
    #1
    Well Adobe is releasing the big update tomorrow and it just so happens to be a Tuesday. What do you guys think? We have all been very, very patient. :)
     
  2. -Alan- macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    #2
    I'd love it. The sooner it comes out the sooner I'll be playing with Adobe's latest Creative Suite on my MacPro desktop....and my conversion to Apple will be complete. I just hope Apple doesn't change the current box...though I wouldn't mind it in black.
     
  3. 4God macrumors 68020

    4God

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2005
    Location:
    My Mac
    #3
    I certainly hope so. I'd order one as soon as announced! :)
     
  4. slicedbread macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2006
    #4
    it seems unlikely that the mac pro will come out on the day the new PS's are announced. More likely NAB in april methinks.
     
  5. statikcat macrumors 6502

    statikcat

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2007
    #5
    Sooner the better. I have money waiting in the bank!
     
  6. JDN macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    Lund Sweden {London England}
    #6
    No chance. NAB maybe .... im thinking WW thingymajig.
     
  7. Multimedia macrumors 603

    Multimedia

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2001
    Location:
    Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
    #7
    I Doubt It. Apple Wanting To Share The Ink With Adobe? Not Likely.

    Spotlight will be on Adobe. Apple can wait 'til NAB and get a lot more attention then.
     
  8. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #8
    yeah i agree here. but would still love to see something happen tomorrow
     
  9. Lycanthrope macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2005
    Location:
    Brussels, Belgium, Europe
    #9
    I have some cash ready and waiting to be spent also... As already discussed elsewhere I'd be happy enough with a 4-core but I'd like to see a price drop when the 8-Core is announced...

    Worst-case-scenario, 8C announced with a $1k overhead on the existing 4C model which stays at current pricing... :eek:

    i think it will be April though.
     
  10. 4God macrumors 68020

    4God

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2005
    Location:
    My Mac
    #10
    I'm hoping they do announce an 8 core MacPro soon. Not that I want one, but I would also like to see a price drop on the quad. Then I would order that baby! ;)
     
  11. product26 macrumors 6502a

    product26

    Joined:
    May 30, 2005
    #11
    the sooner the octo core comes out.. the sooner the chips will be old and affordable to swap out my stock 2.66s
     
  12. Mr.damien Guest

    #12
    Yes but it will only be a minor upgrade, nothing radically new. Something that can be updated on the Apple Store without any ad.

    I don't see why they will win by saying "look at the new mac pro, it's exactly the same but we added more disk space, and you can choose a 8 core as an option now".
     
  13. Umbongo macrumors 601

    Umbongo

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2006
    Location:
    England
    #13
    Actually the sooner AMD release their barcelona chips the sooner it'll be more affordable, though while that is the reason for price drops they are happening regardless.
     
  14. Mr.damien Guest

    #14
    Just to know, if someone remember how many time before a hardware update Apple starts to delay the shipping ?

    1 or 2 week ?:confused:
     

Share This Page