Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Whoops!

Ha ha! Look what Amazon.com sent to some of their customers today. Somebody jumped the gun and might be looking for a new job now!

Subject: [placeholder for winning team] Wins the NCAA Tournament!

Congratulations, [placeholder for winning team]! As someone who has purchased sports products from Amazon.com, we thought you should be the first to see our selection of NCAA championship products.

Check out our championship hats, tees, and hooded sweatshirts in our NCAA Fan Shop.

Available only while supplies last.​

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Gators won.

how i know:

Fireworks, a hootin' n a hollarin, cop sirens, screams, yells, grunts and moans, all outside my window.

Gainesville, if I didnt have paper thin walls id love ya.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Congratulations to Florida, who put quite the beating on UCLA last night.

And congratulations to thedude110, who put a fairly similar beating on the rest of the MacRumors tournament challengers. thedude110's picks, aptly titled "thedude110's whooping you", scored a (relatively) whopping 98 points, compared with 73 for the next closest competitor, cycocelica.

Complete results are below. Humiliating, isn't it? ;)

Note that the picks called "MacRumors NCAA Tournament" are mine. I suppose I could try and hide that fact, but it's probably too late. 56 points? :eek:

Code:
1	  thedude110's whooping you	  98 
2	  cycocelica   73 
3	  WildCowboy	71 
4	  MacNut	70 
5	  Dave00	70 
6	  m-dogg	66 
7	  Stubeeef	63 
8	  buryyourbrideau	62 
9	  Silencio's Stupid Set	61 
10	  Jovian9	58 
11	  jelloshotsrule sucks	56 
12	  MacRumors NCAA Tournament	56 
13	  xsedrinam	55 
14	  Kwyjibo	54 
15	  Mat Cats	52 
16	  nbs2	51 
17	  swiftaw	49 
18	  gauchogolfer	47

Edit: I'll try to update the winner avatar, if thedude110 is interested.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
emw said:

And congratulations to thedude110, who put a fairly similar beating on the rest of the MacRumors tournament challengers. thedude110's picks, aptly titled "thedude110's whooping you", scored a (relatively) whopping 98 points, compared with 73 for the next closest competitor, cycocelica.

Note that the picks called "MacRumors NCAA Tournament" are mine. I suppose I could try and hide that fact, but it's probably too late. 56 points? :eek:
<snip>
And another special thanks to emw for setting this up. I thought it was a lot of fun. I learned a lot of things during the surprises including how to pronounce Joakim Noah's name. I was chaffing every time I heard his name, thinking it should be pronounced "Huakeen" (i.e. Joaquin) instead of "Joe-Kim". Congrats to Florida.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
emw said:

thedude110 had a good time whooping all of you and would love a copy of the 'tar.

Considering how badly Florida beat UCLA (in every aspect of the game), is it a stretch to say George Mason is the number 2 team in the nation?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Sorry it took so long - it's been a long couple of days. In any case, here you go. Let me know if there are any issues with it.

Attachments

• 2006-NCAA-Pool-Champion.gif
    2006-NCAA-Pool-Champion.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 93

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
emw said:
Sorry it took so long - it's been a long couple of days. In any case, here you go. Let me know if there are any issues with it.

*wipes away a tear*

It's beautiful. Thanks, emw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.