Maria Sharapova appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacBoobsPro, Oct 12, 2006.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Im bored so I thought I would start a thread to appreciate the beautiful Maria Sharapova.

I have my PMG5 set up to randomly select one of the following images every 5 minutes. Needless to say, I dont get much work done. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

More:
    Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Everytime the picture changes is it accompanied by a loud grunt/moan/scream?

Because then I'd get zero work done. Man she makes a noise playing tennis.

3. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

4. vniow macrumors G4

Geez, can't you link to a gallery somewhere instead of having hmm...12 posts in a row of images of her?

5. macenforcer macrumors 65816

macenforcer

When I saw this thread I thought it was about that braindead chick who people were fighting to keep her on life support. Who was that?

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

They're not in a row. I managed to sneak one in.

Hey Stu, Anna Kournikova was hotter....

7. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

It is indeed! :D

No :D The thread is for posting pics. The ones Ive posted are all good for desktops too. Nice and big.

I knew you would squeeze one in. I was tryin to post as fast as possible.

And Kournikova wasnt hotter :p

8. vniow macrumors G4

Nice and big indeed. But wouldn't it be the same if they were linked elsewhere? Having a good 12 posts in a row is borderline spamming, pics posted or not.

9. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

They are hosted at imageshack and its a bit confusing how it works. To me at least. Sorry if its spamming but it is a dedicated thread so i didnt think anyone would mind too much. Perhaps if it was a load of men you would probably feel differently :D

10. bartelby macrumors Core

But I bet you'd comment in the same sort of way Vniow has.

11. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Nope. If it was full of blokes the thread would not interest me :p

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Perhaps not.

13. vniow macrumors G4

This assumes I'm straight. ;)

Honestly I haven't bothered to look or even click on any of the pics, its the sheer amount of them that I object to. Whenever I see 12 posts (or attempting to be 12 posts) in a row from one single poster my first thought is spam. And it looks like I'm not too far off...

14. bartelby macrumors Core

You don't think this thread is kinda sad at all and a touch pointless?

15. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Im sorry you feel that way but it is a dedicated thread for posting pics. The fact that the pics are all in a row is irrelevant. If I had posted more 'slowly' and allowed Chundles more time to get a few more posts in between the pics it would not be seen as spam. :)

BARTELBY: Can it be seen as sad, sure, in some eyes. However I have offered over 100 desktop images on a certain subject so I think it might be spared the pointless monika. Just because you dont agree with the subject matter doesnt make something pointless or sad. I have offered something that hopefully some people will appreciate.

16. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

17. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I don't care if you post a lot of links to pics, but please do so within a separate URL - i.e., post a link to a gallery, not dozens of thumbnails in multiple posts.

18. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I now see that all but your first post has been removed.

Such a shame, that the moderators can't moderate the sections of the board where the real problems are!

How about removing terminal fanboyism or some of the other argumentative threads?

Pathetic.

19. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Ok I will do in future but as I said they are hosted at imageshack and its not very clear on how to link to the 'gallery'. Maybe someone could enlighten me? :)

PS: Thanks for clearing up the posts. Appreciated as I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest :D PHEW!

20. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

I think she really likes whacking it!

21. Lau Guest

Do you ever bother to report any of those threads so the moderators would see them? If they're a problem they'll be dealt with.

22. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

BTW in response to your first post. All the pics have been accumulated over time so im not as 'obsessed' as it looks :D

23. juicedus macrumors member

I'm happy with said thread and said pictures. I'm glad I have a 24" monitor to enjoy all this goodness.

24. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Actually, most of these threads I don't participate in, but many of the moderators do.

David

25. Lau Guest

Fair enough, but even if you're not participating, you can still report a post you think is against the rules in some way. Even if a moderator has made a post in a thread, they may not have seen the exchange or posts you've seen, so if you report it they'll be made aware and can choose what to do.

As far as I know, "terminal fanboyism" and arguing isn't necessarily against the forum rules, though, so the mods might choose to let the discussion run if there aren't other facets to it, like personal insults or spam. Similarly, although I personally think this thread is a bit sad ;), the part that was actually against the form rules has been dealt with, i.e. the 27 posts in a row, and it's now free to roam. :p