Mario Kart DS comes out today!

Discussion in 'Games' started by spaceballl, Nov 14, 2005.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Meh....

Just kidding, ;) I loved Mario Kart for the Super Nintendo, and the version for the Game Cube. Didn't like Mario Kart 64 so much... which version is the DS most similar to?

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

you can have whatever you want :) This is one awesome game. or at least, so it seems. If you didn't know, during some NoA wifi event the reporters had to be dragged kicking and screaming from playing Mario Kart in a local wireless multiplayer for the next events (Tony Hawks DS).

I really want this game. BUT! CD-wow were going to stock the US game but have since delayed it for the UK launch. way over on the 25th :(. a massive shame. this is going to be THE game. predicting this game to take over the world heh. I mean its closest to the GC game but with single drivers, add online multiplayer with custom drawn decals and possibly the best game sharing system to date... its going to be huge :)

God damn you NoE. god damn indeed.

4. AppleAce macrumors regular

I believe the DS version has tracks from all 3 previous MarioKarts as well as new ones. A couple of my friends have DS's and one of them was going to buy MarioKart DS today. He said that the reviews were awesome, that they were saying that it was better than all the previous MarioKarts.

And I agree with you exactly about the SNES, N64, and 'Cube versions of MarioKart. And my power sliding technique gets screwed up horribly each time I make the switch between games. :mad:

5. Jomoma macrumors regular

Jomoma

I just bought it at my local walmart, i'm playing it now. Can't wait to try out the wifi!
    So far it's awesome!

6. Jomoma macrumors regular

Jomoma

Anyone else have this game yet? It's awesome, and I'd love to kick some MR members butts!:)

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Wow...I'm the exact opposite...64 is the greatest game ever made. SNES is pretty good (especially for nostalgia value), and GC is absolutely horrible.

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

good news but im holding my money for infection & Tokobots.....very excited about tokobots.

Bless