Mario Kart DS or Metroid Prime Hunters

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tymmz, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Alright, I would like to have both one day, but I wonder what the MR members think is the better, more fun game.

I only care about the online mode!

Thanks for any response.

-tymmz

2. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Can't speak for Mariokart but I have Metroid Prime and im having a great time with it, especially LAN battles.

3. Catfish Jones macrumors member

Mario Kart DS is more accessible than Metriod Prime Hunters. With the latter, you have to go through an akward period of breaking-in your hands before the controls feel natural while also learning the more complicated gameplay. Mario Kart DS is an easy title to pick up and play for 20 minutes at a time. I've found Metriod Prime Hunters to require a little more determination on my part in order to sit down for a session.

The above is particularly relevant when it comes to sharing the game to another DS. If the person you're playing against has never played Metriod Prime Hunters, they won't have a lot of fun until they've invested a few pwnings to learn the controls whereas Mario Kart DS is standard fair for most gamers. The same will apply to you as well: with Metriod Prime Hunters you'll want to complete a few single-player missions before going online but with Mario Kart DS, one offline race is usually enough to learn the controls and get a feel for the gameplay.

Both titles are worth the money and, in hind-sight, I would have bought Mario Kart DS first.

P.S. If you haven't picked up the New Super Mario Brothers yet, its card-sharing mini-games are worth the money by themselves, especially if you have a few friends with DSes.

4. Tymmz thread starter macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Thanks for the nice reply. I have NSMB, but I don't know anybody who would invest into a handheld/console, so me and my friends only try to top the others highscore when playing the mini games, which is also a lot of fun.

But I really want to try the online abilities, which the DS has.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'd say a Mario Kart, as its more user frienly, but Metriod Prime is alos very good

6. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

I wouldn't get MP:H unless I was planning to do a lot of online gaming, as the single-player campaign is fairly lackluster.

7. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

i have both, and in my opinion i find mario kart more fun,

i just completed 150cc mirror class, so i guess i beat the game? lol, but the online play is addictive, especially because im just destroying all the little kids in the area. ;) ( gotta love the local search games )

i would cast my vote for mario kart. yes metroid is very fun, and very fun to play online, but it is quite challenging to learn the controls at first ( hell, im still not even used to looking around with the stylus )

8. MS bulldog macrumors regular

the snaking in mario kard ds ruined the online for me. i just wanted to race and powerboost around corners, not have to slide all over the track just to keep up with others.

every race i found was not racing...the person who could snake the track the best won.

9. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

I'm the odd man out here, but I personally didn't enjoy mario kart half as much as I did metroid hunters. The single player campaign wasn't too bad; it couldn't compare to the original metroid prime, and echoes; and fighting a modified verson of the same boss four times got a little old, but it really wasn't that bad.

as for online play, you have to be really really good at either of them to ever win anything. :cool:

10. Tymmz thread starter macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Alright. I won't invest much time in gaming. Then it's probably a waste of money. Maybe I'll stick to single player games.

Is that Animal Crossing any good? Can you have fun, if you are not a "hardcore" gamer.

11. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

- i'll let you know when it arrives :)

i'm not a hardcore gamer either, i just like to play every now and then.

12. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Animal Crossing is one of those games that anyone can pick it up and have fun with it.