Mark item in iTunes as BOOK, not MUSIC

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by cgm707, Mar 27, 2013.

1. macrumors member

I imported a CD into my iTunes library (Mac Mountain Lion OS). The CD is excerpts and meditation exercises from a book I am reading. Just wondering if there is a way to have the CD show up as a BOOK type rather than MUSIC?

Thanks for any help.

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Right-click on the item, then "Get Info", Options > Media Kind

3. thread starter macrumors member

Grayed Out

"Media Kind" is grayed out, and won't let me select anything.

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What exact version of iTunes are you running? And are you using iTunes Match?

5. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

This was a bug in iTunes 11 that was supposedly fixed in iTunes 11.01. iTunes is up to 11.02 now. Try running software update to make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and see if that fixes it.

6. macrumors G5

gnasher729

Not fixed. I have _one_ single file with spoken text where I can't change "media kind" to Audiobook. Quite annoying.

Just a question: I have a few CDs with a few spoken tracks, like interviews with the artist etc. How does everybody handle that?

7. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You might try creating an AAC version and changing the media kind on that. You may have to exclude it from iTunes Match. If that works, just delete the original copy.

It it's part of an album, I leave the media kind as music.