Marketplace Country Identification

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by im_to_hyper, Sep 14, 2005.

1. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

This is a totally random idea that just popped into my head. Instead of people needing to ask where items are located, could there maybe be a flag of the person's home country next to the title so that there is an idea of where things are. I think the main North American and European flags are highly recognizable as are the Australian and New Zealand so that pretty much covers the countries that visit this site.

Yup.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Wouldn't it just be much simpler for people to preface the thread title with a couple of letters much like international car plates... much like some people do now in that forum?

UK, US, CA, NL, DE, NO, AUS etc.

I don't see the problem.

3. im_to_hyper thread starter macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Ah yeah, it would be. I was just thinking of having it more standardized or required. Country codes would be nice and would work fine.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

It addresses something similar in the Marketplace instructions, where it says "If you are selling only in a particular country or area, you might include that in the title, e.g., FS/T: 17" eMac (U.K.)". But if people are willing to ship to anywhere in the world, they might not bother to say where they are.

One good solution would be if they set the Location in their user profile, so it would show next to their posts automatically.